Running Dual alts, With one seperate from the vehicle?

Alright i will be ordering my dual alt bracket for my tahoe very soon, i will be running the stock 160 amo alt in the stock location, and a 300 amp iraggi alt in the bracket, running to one XS D3400, and powering a RF T2500BDCP, and a mids and high amp soon.

now one my alt, seen here

2011-09-27200650.jpg

2011-09-27200701.jpg

the 4 pin oval connector only has one wire, the yellow one.

what do i connect this to? a 12v ignition source?

this alt will be completly seperate from the stock electronics on the truck and will run only the system

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

You have to piggyback to your factory wire, just splice it. The way you isolate it is have that alternator charge your rear batterys only and hook all amps to that battery. Is this in the97?

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

/\ x2

why separate them?
and i believe thats the voltage sensing wire....is it self exciting or no? i believe you would run that wire to the 12+ side of the stereos battery (s).

hope this helps!

-jarrid

Edited by 95legwagon

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

if you dont know how the electrical works on these 07+ GM vehicles you wont understand why they need to be seperated, if you got some time then this will explain it

http://www.duboismarketing.com/pages/article.asp?id=31

You have to piggyback to your factory wire, just splice it. The way you isolate it is have that alternator charge your rear batterys only and hook all amps to that battery. Is this in the97?

this is in the new tahoe

would like to know more info on this? how would both work and such

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

I have a dual alt bracket in my 03 Sierra, and have my alts separated also, I dont know where you are ordering your bracket from by i got mine from DC Power and it came with all the wiring and everything else you need to separate them.

You just take the wire that reads to voltage to your rear batt or the terminal on you t2500 and itll charge due to the power that it has there instead of the trucks alt and batt voltage.

Hope this helps

JonSig1_zpsaea3e8d2.gif

Contact us for the best quality cables and accessories with the fastest shipping in the industry

EMAIL: [email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

LIKE US ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/SkyHighCarAudio

ADD ME ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/jon.rabe.1

MONSTER SKY HIGH/DC GMC: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/127057-sky-high-monster-gmc-walk-through-12-lvl-5-15s-6-9ks-trim-panels-and-wiring-p-90/

I've talked to mechman on a 07 cadillac ext that had the voltage issues seperateing is the best way.I'm not sure the the 4pin oval is the right alt to use on the 07. Call mechman and ask.also look into ther adj harness to turn up voltage I know the yellow wire is sense wire to turn it on. You can't just hook it up to a 12v source. That's what I mean

Edited by dc98hoe

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.