Sonic Electronix

I was assuming you had to check rca's leaving each device for distortion much like we used to do for clipping with tpi 440. basically checking each link in the chain all the way to the amp.

I also have a eq and external crossover that has its own "level knobs" and don't know how to go about that.

Edited by crunkjuice1

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

I have a gain knob on my crescendo and what I did was tuned the headunit first ( I adjusted the hu eq prior to checking max volume, that way its the same settings all the way through the tuning process) . Then I adjusted the gain knob to where I would remember where it was then adjusted gain on the amp. I would assume that its similar to a eq?

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

I was assuming you had to check rca's leaving each device for distortion much like we used to do for clipping with tpi 440. basically checking each link in the chain all the way to the amp.

I also have a eq and external crossover that has its own "level knobs" and don't know how to go about that.

set your hu first. then the eq. remember if you go +db when setting your EQs you might run into distortion. You're amplifying that particular bandwidth beyond what it was set to.

HU

EQ

AMP

its not as hard as you're making it out to be

correct me if im wrong but....

in the video with the focus, the reason he has a spot on the bass knob where he stops at is because he has a HUGE AMP on that one sub lol its been asked before, im pretty sure that why

in the video with the focus, the reason he has a spot on the bass knob where he stops at is because he has a HUGE AMP on that one sub lol its been asked before, im pretty sure that why

Ok well that would make since because i recall he was feeding the subs a crazy amount of power :lol: .

So basically you should be able to set you HU then sent the gain on your amps and once you plug in your bass knob to your amp you should be able to turn it up full tilt without distortion. Which makes sense to me because I thought that bass knob only turned you subs from full power to low.

So when using the DD1 it would probably be best to unplug or turn the bass knob all the way up when setting your amps gain, correct or it doesn't really matter?

Set everything flat. Take the DD1 back to one of your amps and hook up to the RCA's coming from the front. Test it, then do the amp(s). You want to test through everything you will be using (HU, EQ, processors, etc).

Also what I did was find my max then take it down a tick and raise my highs to where I like them and test there to make sure it wouldn't start to distort.

EDIT: You want your bass knob all the way up when you test and it better be a line level knob and not a bass boost or gain knob. If it is the process is different. Not hard to figure out, turn the bass boost/gain knob up until it distorts.

The guys "knob" is a BASS BOOST knob, it's different hence why Steve put a mark on it where it starts to distort. My amps have the same bs knob, I don't use it and instead use a PAC knob which is what he should be using.

Edited by UnderLoK

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts