Sonic Electronix

IIRC, if you wire two speakers in parallel, you dont increase the RMS of the speaker, the ohm load to the amp increases the wattage that goes to the said speakers.. If i missed that some one already said that, my bad.. just trying to lend some helpful advice.

Thats some of what i wanted to know... so the RMS will not change with the speakers just the max power?

edit: just wondering cuz everything i have looked up states the max power.

Edited by KenC210

never go by what the amp says its MAX power is, RMS is your true power thats going to your speakers, subs etc. and tell my what that picture was so I can get a sense ofwhat yourtalking about.. the computer at my work wont let me see it.

Team NWSPLUPCOMING BUILD (when I afford it)

2013 Ford Focus Hatch

2x DC lv3 15s

2x b2 quotas

XS batts

DC power alt

That amp would fuck the shit out of those subs. It would roofie them, knock them out with chloroform, then make sweet, gentle, anal love to them all night.

also, wiring like that will change the crossover points if you are using a passive crossover. raise the impedance, lower the crossover point, lower the impedance, raise the crossover point.

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

never go by what the amp says its MAX power is, RMS is your true power thats going to your speakers, subs etc. and tell my what that picture was so I can get a sense ofwhat yourtalking about.. the computer at my work wont let me see it.

I know that i only go by the rms i am just wondering if more than 1 speaker is wired together does the rms get added together. and my picture posted is of a 2channel amp with 2 svc 8ohm tweeters on each channel a total of 4 tweeters (wired at 4ohm load) 70wrms each tweeter and 2 8" midbass svc 8 ohm (wired to 4ohm load)bridged between the 2 channels 150wrms each midbass speaker. Or my first picture posted is of 2 svc 8ohm tweeters 100wrms each tweeter and 2 svc 8ohm midbass speakers 150wrms each midbass all wired down to a 2ohm load in a mono amp that could have a frequency response of 20-20000hz

also, wiring like that will change the crossover points if you are using a passive crossover. raise the impedance, lower the crossover point, lower the impedance, raise the crossover point.

yes i am using passive crossovers i think they are called that anyways. Im talking about the little cylinder capacitors with the 2 wire points on the ends, or some of the stinger products. So if i wire the tweeters as shown in pic 2 i would use the crossover points at the wire connection where it meets pos to pos then wires to amp? And i would use the proper crossover to block frequency points from a 4ohm load? EX. 0-600hz@ 4ohm. And what about if use the first option where i got all speaker wired at the 2ohm load on a mono block, where would i put the crossover on the tweeters and what ohm load would i use to calculate the crossover point?

Edited by KenC210

I know that i only go by the rms i am just wondering if more than 1 speaker is wired together does the rms get added together. and my picture posted is of a 2channel amp with 2 svc 8ohm tweeters on each channel a total of 4 tweeters (wired at 4ohm load) 70wrms each tweeter and 2 8" midbass svc 8 ohm (wired to 4ohm load)bridged between the 2 channels 150wrms each midbass speaker. Or my first picture posted is of 2 svc 8ohm tweeters 100wrms each tweeter and 2 svc 8ohm midbass speakers 150wrms each midbass all wired down to a 2ohm load in a mono amp that could have a frequency response of 20-20000hz
yes i am using passive crossovers i think they are called that anyways. Im talking about the little cylinder capacitors with the 2 wire points on the ends, or some of the stinger products. So if i wire the tweeters as shown in pic 2 i would use the crossover points at the wire connection where it meets pos to pos then wires to amp? And i would use the proper crossover to block frequency points from a 4ohm load? EX. 0-600hz@ 4ohm. And what about if use the first option where i got all speaker wired at the 2ohm load on a mono block, where would i put the crossover on the tweeters and what ohm load would i use to calculate the crossover point?

No i dont believe RMS gets added togehter but someone correct me if im wrong, just whatever ohm load you wire to, the RMS watts will go evenly to those two speakers per channel.

Team NWSPLUPCOMING BUILD (when I afford it)

2013 Ford Focus Hatch

2x DC lv3 15s

2x b2 quotas

XS batts

DC power alt

That amp would fuck the shit out of those subs. It would roofie them, knock them out with chloroform, then make sweet, gentle, anal love to them all night.

From experience, those little built in crossover s can blow up if too much low frequency power is sent to them.

About how much low frequency have you put to some of them?

ALSO, do you lose STEREO option with a mono amp?

Not sure, but how much of an importance is it to be in the stereo option be?

Also, does anyone know if the rms is added together cuz im getting mixed info. And if the amp is rated 500wrms would it be divided through out the speakers? EX. 5 100wrms speaker plugged into a 500wrms mono amp would then each speaker get around the same power of 100wrms.

I think generally speaking if each speaker is in the same sqft box and wired all the same then each speaker would get about the same amount of power, then again im not sure