Second Skin Audio

sonotube

im looking for correct info on how to calculate and build one. its an interesting concept and possibly one i might be interested in so if anyone could help i would really appreciate it

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

I hear you. I got myself all interesting in T-lines a few years ago, and they do seem to have a lot of benefits.... aside from needing a LOT more space than a sealed, or even regular ported enclosure.

My biggest problem was, I couldn't seem to find any exact formulas to predict the outcome of a particular build. Of course their must be an exact formula out there... It's all just physics, right ? But unless your a professor in mathematics, good luck. As so far as I know, nobody has designed a T-line calculator program :(

Even among the successful T-line builds I've heard of, it seems that the builders were kind of flying blind, and just taking their chances. Of course like with most sub woofer designs, they can be adjusted after the fact. With T-lines, I guess it's common practice to use some sort of fiber fill, for damping, using more, or less, for the desired effect.

If somebody could ever make T-line building easy (read: a program that gives me exact numbers) I'd be REALLY likely to try it myself.

I had totally considered mounting my two 15"s face to face (turning them into one 15", with twice the motor) and using them in a huge T-line in my F150 Supercab > Walled, of course ;) But again, I just can't go through all that trouble, if I'm not SURE about the outcome.

Peace,

Fish

im looking for correct info on how to calculate and build one. its an interesting concept and possibly one i might be interested in so if anyone could help i would really appreciate it

i dont want a t-line tho i want a sono tube enclosure

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

Well, I suppose you could take a length of sonotube, seal it off at one end, and just have a cylindrical shaped, sealed enclosure. Not sure what the benefits would be.

But generally speaking, a sono-tube enclosure "IS" a a T-line. Just another name for it.

Another way of looking at at a sonotube sub set up, is just, that your speaker is mounted in a giant port, no actual box needed.

Fish

i dont want a t-line tho i want a sono tube enclosure

ive never heard of a sonotube enclosure? wouldnt the cardboard rip apart form pressure or something or am i just missing something?

BUILD LINK: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/112034-2-sundown-18s-98-f-150/page__p__1565972__fromsearch__1#entry1565972

98 Ford F-150
Truck:
37" superswamper tsl radials
16" ion alloy wheels
3" body lift
2" suspension lift
Offbrand brushguard
PIAA driving lights
6000K HID's
System:
2 18" Sundown Nightshaed
Aq3500
Custom Fiberglass box
fosgate T1 6x8 Coxials
bass inferno 2000 watt 4 channel
2 XS power d3100's
0 Gauge

ive never heard of a sonotube enclosure? wouldnt the cardboard rip apart form pressure or something or am i just missing something?

The current featherweight bassboxing champ does 151's average with two 12's in separate 12" sonotubes with an aero port. NO reinforcement's.

Damn son! lol how r they mounted to it? and what 12's were they how much power?? im getting some really good ideas lol

BUILD LINK: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/112034-2-sundown-18s-98-f-150/page__p__1565972__fromsearch__1#entry1565972

98 Ford F-150
Truck:
37" superswamper tsl radials
16" ion alloy wheels
3" body lift
2" suspension lift
Offbrand brushguard
PIAA driving lights
6000K HID's
System:
2 18" Sundown Nightshaed
Aq3500