Can you actually get arrested for loud music?

this is what i found about Detroit don't know if it accurate to date but still.. wtf....

Sec. 36-1-1. - Unreasonable noise prohibited; restrictions on sound from motor vehicles.

(a) It is unlawful for any person to unreasonably disturb the public peace and quiet, or to

unreasonably disturb or annoy the quiet, comfort and repose of persons in the vicinity by

shouting or whistling, by loud, boisterous, or vulgar conduct, or by the playing of a compact disc

player, musical instrument, phonograph, radio, tape player, television, videotape machine, or any

other device, equipment, or instrument that amplifies, produces, or reproduces sound, in any

public or private place.

(B) It is unlawful to operate or play a compact disc player, musical instrument, radio, tape player,

or any other device, equipment, or instrument that amplifies, produces, or reproduces sound,

from any parked or moving motor vehicle in such manner as to be plainly audible at a distance

greater than ten (10) feet from the motor vehicle.

Sec. 36-1-6. - Violations and penalties.

(a) A person who violates any provision of this chapter is guilty of a misdemeanor for each

violation, and, in the discretion of the court, may be fined up to five hundred dollars ($500.00)

and sentenced to a maximum of ninety (90) days in jail, or both, for each violation, except for a

violation of section 36-1-1(B) of this Code.

(B) A first conviction for a violation of section 36-1-1(B) of this Code shall be punishable by a

fine of not less than one hundred dollars ($100.00). A second conviction for a violation of

section 36-1-1(B) of this Code shall be punishable by a fine of not less than two hundred dollars

($200.00). A third or subsequent conviction for a violation of section 36-1-1(B) of this Code shall

be punishable by a fine of not less than three hundred dollars ($300.00) and, in the discretion of

the court, up to ninety (90) days in jail.

and my favorite...

Sec. 36-1-2. - Restrictions on outdoor speakers.

It is unlawful to maintain or operate an outdoor speaker that is affixed to any structure or placed

upon any property where:

(1) The speaker is audible for a distance of more than fifty (50) feet from the source; or

(2) The speaker is two hundred fifty (250) feet or closer to a location that is zoned or developed

for residential use. This restriction shall not apply to intercommunication systems that are

utilized from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. for the sole purpose of conducting the internal business

affairs of the establishment. Further, this provision does not prohibit use of an outdoor speaker

where the buildings and safety engineering department, or the board of zoning appeals approves

a temporary permit of thirty (30) days or less for religious services, or for a fair, bazaar, festival,

carnival or similar use.

Sec. 36-1-3. - Restrictions on

i live at least 300-400 yards from the high school by my house yet i can hear the bells and announcements on my deck at 6:30-7:00 am every school day. soo this means i could sue my city? lol

um bout this^ i didnt put any of those smilies in........... <_<

EDIT also i should list that i do not live in Detroit, but i didnt see any other options to look threw....

And where exactly is that? Everywhere you go there will be people...there will be people who do not like the music you are listening to and therefore no level of listening is good enough. People are going to complain no matter what! But again my main point is that I don't think its necessarily loud music that bothers anyone..its the selection of music that causes people to complain.

Think about it, you hear trains, helicopters and jets all the time. All are very loud and obnoxious...why is there no section of the population who goes after them? How come they don't get fines for going all over the world and "attacking" our senses? I don't think anyone should, I am just saying there is plenty of other sources off noise that is never looked at twice. Its fucking stupid, we are attacked because of our age and music preference. If we were a bunch of 50 year old men riding around listening to Marvin Gaye(like Trippi)...nobody would say shit.

Seriously? Age and music preference? No...that just happens to be the first difference see, and instead of admitting wrong, you just want to throw it on that as an excuse to keep doing what you are doing...kinda like when someone fucks up and says they only got in trouble b/c they were white/black. I promise you...go turn on everything from phil collins, marvin gaye, micheal jackson, and anything else you can think of that your town may find "tasteful". Go park your vehicle downtown, or better yet, just ride downtown with the music selection playing full tilt. You will get complaints on you. Its not the age/music selection. Its the fact that loud music is not appeasing to everyone.

Wrong..you assume too much. I don't have to admit I am wrong because I am not, you assume that because I commented that I am that guy who rides around with my shit on full...and your wrong. Actually the majority of the time have my wife and kids with me so I might listen to music but at a level where we can still talk...when I have my kids I even turn the bass off completely. And when I am alone, I turn my music up when I get out of the neighborhoods and when I come to a traffic light, my music is turned down before I stop. Other than that I save it for the park or the competitions.

And your naive if you think that the music that's played on most loud stereos is not the main complaint about loud music. And your right no matter what I play or where I go I will get complaints....but wait isn't that what I already said? There will always be somebody who doesn't like it and complains...and that's a major problem in this country, we are expected to be so busy worrying about what the next guy thinks. Its BS...maybe if people would stop spending there day trying to mess up someone elses, this would not be an issue. Tell me, does a guy playing his radio loudly and passing by you really affect your day that much?

And the black/white comment is ridiculous also. I'm white and my wife is black, I cant count how many times me and her may have been sitting in a parking lot at night after going out or something, just sitting there eating or waiting for someone and we have been pulled out of the car and separated because they assume I was buying pussy....why? Because Im white and she is black. You can try and pretend that racism is not real but it is very real. I have more black friends than white, I have never gotten a ticket for loud music but I have been stopped and warned on a few occasions...my black friends tho, most of the time if they get stopped they also get a ticket. Might be because they are black and it might not...

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

And where exactly is that? Everywhere you go there will be people...there will be people who do not like the music you are listening to and therefore no level of listening is good enough. People are going to complain no matter what! But again my main point is that I don't think its necessarily loud music that bothers anyone..its the selection of music that causes people to complain.

Think about it, you hear trains, helicopters and jets all the time. All are very loud and obnoxious...why is there no section of the population who goes after them? How come they don't get fines for going all over the world and "attacking" our senses? I don't think anyone should, I am just saying there is plenty of other sources off noise that is never looked at twice. Its fucking stupid, we are attacked because of our age and music preference. If we were a bunch of 50 year old men riding around listening to Marvin Gaye(like Trippi)...nobody would say shit.

Seriously? Age and music preference? No...that just happens to be the first difference see, and instead of admitting wrong, you just want to throw it on that as an excuse to keep doing what you are doing...kinda like when someone fucks up and says they only got in trouble b/c they were white/black. I promise you...go turn on everything from phil collins, marvin gaye, micheal jackson, and anything else you can think of that your town may find "tasteful". Go park your vehicle downtown, or better yet, just ride downtown with the music selection playing full tilt. You will get complaints on you. Its not the age/music selection. Its the fact that loud music is not appeasing to everyone.

Wrong..you assume too much. I don't have to admit I am wrong because I am not, you assume that because I commented that I am that guy who rides around with my shit on full...and your wrong. Actually the majority of the time have my wife and kids with me so I might listen to music but at a level where we can still talk...when I have my kids I even turn the bass off completely. And when I am alone, I turn my music up when I get out of the neighborhoods and when I come to a traffic light, my music is turned down before I stop. Other than that I save it for the park or the competitions.

And your naive if you think that the music that's played on most loud stereos is not the main complaint about loud music. And your right no matter what I play or where I go I will get complaints....but wait isn't that what I already said? There will always be somebody who doesn't like it and complains...and that's a major problem in this country, we are expected to be so busy worrying about what the next guy thinks. Its BS...maybe if people would stop spending there day trying to mess up someone elses, this would not be an issue. Tell me, does a guy playing his radio loudly and passing by you really affect your day that much?

And the black/white comment is ridiculous also. I'm white and my wife is black, I cant count how many times me and her may have been sitting in a parking lot at night after going out or something, just sitting there eating or waiting for someone and we have been pulled out of the car and separated because they assume I was buying pussy....why? Because Im white and she is black. You can try and pretend that racism is not real but it is very real. I have more black friends than white, I have never gotten a ticket for loud music but I have been stopped and warned on a few occasions...my black friends tho, most of the time if they get stopped they also get a ticket. Might be because they are black and it might not...

this man gets it

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

I'm not saying racism isn't real...it is. I was reffering to the people who seem to think the ONLY reason they get caught up in shit is b/c of their skin color. Obviously you are down to earth, and you get it. All I am trying to state is there are a lot of ignorant people on here who think that the ONLY reason they get pulled over is b/c of their skin color, or their age, or music preference, and not because of the fact the music was just too loud. I'm the same as you...I don't play my shit loud when in downtown or residential, and when I come to a light, my music always goes down out of respect for the person stopped beside me.

But to everyone else, just use common sense. If you THINK it might be wrong, it probably is. And just put yourself on the other side. If you were in the car beside you, or in the house trying to sleep and someone passed by your house shaking your walls, you would be pissed too.

EDIT: And to your whole situation about being pulled out of the car b/c of the interacial husband/wife...I would flip the fuck out. If some dumbass cop did that to me and my wife, I would raise all hell. That is complete bullshit, and really should be dealt with. You sir have the patience of GOD himself. If that ever happened to me, I would probably kill someone.

mivtCK.png

I'm not saying racism isn't real...it is. I was reffering to the people who seem to think the ONLY reason they get caught up in shit is b/c of their skin color. Obviously you are down to earth, and you get it. All I am trying to state is there are a lot of ignorant people on here who think that the ONLY reason they get pulled over is b/c of their skin color, or their age, or music preference, and not because of the fact the music was just too loud. I'm the same as you...I don't play my shit loud when in downtown or residential, and when I come to a light, my music always goes down out of respect for the person stopped beside me.

But to everyone else, just use common sense. If you THINK it might be wrong, it probably is. And just put yourself on the other side. If you were in the car beside you, or in the house trying to sleep and someone passed by your house shaking your walls, you would be pissed too.

EDIT: And to your whole situation about being pulled out of the car b/c of the interacial husband/wife...I would flip the fuck out. If some dumbass cop did that to me and my wife, I would raise all hell. That is complete bullshit, and really should be dealt with. You sir have the patience of GOD himself. If that ever happened to me, I would probably kill someone.

Your point is one I try to make to people all the time....Take a second and look at things from another angle..you dont have to agree with that POV but at least take the consideration to try and think like the guy next to you.

On the note of flipping out...it did make me pretty mad...but flipping out on the cops would have done nothing but landed me in jail. They were the ones who looked like total assholes for calling in like 4 cars worth of back up because two people were sitting in a car together. Its whatever.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

damn

here in cali cops can be dicks too

but i can sometimes understand them.

I been pulled over before for stock music in my suburban,I guess the cop that stop me doesnt like Bose Systems lol.

The cop that pulled me over said I was bumping it too loud,I told him i dont have a system

it was all my stock speakers that came with the burban.

He checked my cargo,after that I gave him my registration,licence and took it to his car.It tooked him like 5min. to do whatever he was doing,

came back told me if I been arrested before and said no.He said good,stay out of trouble

you're free to go and that was it.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES,TEAM DC AUDIO

2000 Silverado Ext 1500 v.3

(Walled Silverado)

4 DC Power 270a Alts on A DC Power Quad Alt Bracket

XS Power VCM,Stinger Volt Meters

4 AA Mayhem 18s

2 DC Audio 9.0ks Strapped

1 DC Audio 175.4

4 Selenium 6.5s & 4 Selenium 8s

4 Selenium Super Tweeter st350s

72 SQ Ft Of Stinger Roadkill Expert

Alpine CDA 9887

XS Power d3400(Hood),6 XS Power d3100s(Bed)

& much more.....

2011 Meca CA State Champion & State Record Holder In M5

Meca SPL:158.2

Meca P&P:137.4

DB Drag:159.1

USACI:161.2

BUILD LOG.....YOUTUBE CHANNEL.....FEEDBACK

damn

I been pulled over before for stock music in my suburban,I guess the cop that stop me doesnt like Bose Systems lol.

The cop that pulled me over said I was bumping it too loud,I told him i dont have a system

He checked my cargo,after that I gave him my registration,licence and took it to his car.It tooked him like 5min. to do whatever he was doing,

came back told me if I been arrested before and said no.He said good,stay out of trouble

LMAO!

Were you playing Spanish music? Young dude in a baller car playing "coridos" will get you pulled over ASAP in So/CenCal..

As sad as it is, let's be honest. A cop looking for a good bust will you pull you over with that BS excuse hoping to get lucky.... And that's just how they think.

Random vids of the Avalanche My link

Team Bass-Hz

damn

LMAO!

Were you playing Spanish music? Young dude in a baller car playing "coridos" will get you pulled over ASAP in So/CenCal..

As sad as it is, let's be honest. A cop looking for a good bust will you pull you over with that BS excuse hoping to get lucky.... And that's just how they think.

lmao nah

i think it was to lil wayne,not sure but I do know it was to english music

maybe he doesnt like rap? :peepwall:

the ipod makes the speakers bump deeper in the burb

TEAM FLEX ISSUES,TEAM DC AUDIO

2000 Silverado Ext 1500 v.3

(Walled Silverado)

4 DC Power 270a Alts on A DC Power Quad Alt Bracket

XS Power VCM,Stinger Volt Meters

4 AA Mayhem 18s

2 DC Audio 9.0ks Strapped

1 DC Audio 175.4

4 Selenium 6.5s & 4 Selenium 8s

4 Selenium Super Tweeter st350s

72 SQ Ft Of Stinger Roadkill Expert

Alpine CDA 9887

XS Power d3400(Hood),6 XS Power d3100s(Bed)

& much more.....

2011 Meca CA State Champion & State Record Holder In M5

Meca SPL:158.2

Meca P&P:137.4

DB Drag:159.1

USACI:161.2

BUILD LOG.....YOUTUBE CHANNEL.....FEEDBACK

You come across an asshole cop or one in a bad mood they WILL invent a reason to get you. Sure the judge would probably dismiss it, but you'd still have to go to court & maybe pay a damn court fee.

• pa-pa-platypus

• sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls

Archived