DC Sound Lab

Level 5 18 in a 4th Order? What do you think?

I've heard that lvl 5s don't do well in 4th orders but you might wanna pm owners1 he'd know I think his was a 4th order iirr don't take my word for it tho

I think owners1 has a 6th order bandpass iirc. but he switched to the crossfires for 4" coil and better suited softparts.

Edit: and the xls are awesome!

Edited by soundsystemaniac

I can't tell you anything about the lvl 4's as I have 0 first hand knowledge on them... The Xl on the other hand... I have a 15'' and I didn't know about the upgraded soft parts when i ordered it. I threw 3-3.5k daily at it for about a month before the neck joint failed and its now ripped one side of the speaker leads in half... It still slams nobody believes me when i say my sub is broke it is still louder than anyone else around here and it sounds amazing... STILL lol. Oh btw im throwing about 1.8-2k on the single coil right now! DC makes an amazing product I am a life customer of theirs for sure. Best sounds louder than hell sub I've ever owned!! :drinks:

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 XS Power D3400 (under hood)

1 Addictive Audio 500.1 :D

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Kenwood excelon x494 Head unit

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz

(New Best official db score= 151.2 @ 36hz)

Level 5s do decent in 4th orders because of the high Bl.

6th orders are really hard on soft parts. I'd do the level 4 18s or XL 18s

Win

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

My 2 LVL5 18's do very well in a 4th order. Soon to be 4 of them in a 4th. Overall for most people I would recommend the lvl4 over the 5's They are more forgiving in their application

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)