Second Skin Audio

Help... 1 12" BTL aq 2200d, stupid car audio shops!

rgriffin83

kinda new to the advanced installs, what is a sound deadener?

Look up secondskin. They are partners on here

Ok, got it. like dynomatt. Should this be ran through the whole car or just the trunk?

Personally I'd run it throughout the car

2 polk audio 4x6'skenwood head-unit 220 amp Mechman alt1979 Corvette

2003 corvette z06

alpine radio and the bose system that came stock

http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/ca/learningcenter/car/subwoofer_wiring/1DVC_2-ohm_mono.jpg looking at this but it looks backwards to me. Correct me if im wrong but this setup is ran in series which should (on my setup) produce a 1ohm @ 2200W rms load on my sub right?

1 15" FI BTL N2

AQ2200d

Big 3

Pioneer head unit

kinetik 1200 (under the hood)

kinetik 2400 (dedicated to the sub)

Mids and highs coming soon!

If it had dual 2's, then you would want to run the coils in parallel to get a 1 ohm load. Series will make a 4 ohm load. The picture shows the subs coils in series and at the amp, it sees a 4 ohm load. Wire positive to positive, negative to negative on all terminals to get your 1 ohm.

Ok, got it. like dynomatt. Should this be ran through the whole car or just the trunk?

If you message Second Skin Rep Jon he is a really chill person. He will be able to get you info on what you need to get it done and is not out to over sell you on what you don't need but get you what will work for what you want to do.

This is something he directly has told me.

"Quite often two layers of material is rarely ever needed and in most cases even 100% coverage isn't necessary."

good battery up front and one in the back, box will be easy to make and should hit lows really good around 28-30 hz.

as far as Big 3 get some 1/0 and run it, if you go to an audio shop dont expect them to want to just put your stuff together, at the end of the day they want to sell what products they have and not deal with anything other than what they "know" will work, at my shop we pride ourselves on being able to do great systems and the ability to play around with high end equipment. all this you can do yourself with a little know how and some elbow grease

468x60drc.jpg

So "the big 3 consists of 0 guage from alt to battery and what are the other 2? (from where to where?) Also, When running wire from the sub to the amp what do I use normal guage wire or 0 also? Seems impossible to hook up 2 positive and 2 negative 0 guage wires to 1 amp connection....

1 15" FI BTL N2

AQ2200d

Big 3

Pioneer head unit

I would recommend for you to build the box correctly too. Make sure it is tuned correctly and use a good program.

use torres calculator its done wonders for me. :werd_msword:

Box is already built and tuned to 30hz.

1 15" FI BTL N2

AQ2200d

Big 3

Pioneer head unit

I really hope you can do this stuff by yourself, the majority of car audio shop places are not that intelligent and of course are always trying to push their own CRAP. Now with that being said, the aq2200 will not pull that much current where you need a h/o alt if you have 2-3 good batteries. If you can afford and find a h/o alt then it is always recommended.

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander
Sony 712

Soundqubed HDS208

Alpine MRV-M500

Transmission line enclosure

Soundqubed wiring

Knu rca

XS Power battery

CNF terminals

I would recommend for you to build the box correctly too. Make sure it is tuned correctly and use a good program.

use torres calculator its done wonders for me. :werd_msword:

Box is already built and tuned to 30hz.

sounds good man. i had the same thing happen to me too. i went to my car audio shop and asked if they did the big 3 and had 0 gauge in stock and the guy had no idea what i was talking about...

2001 vw gti

2 hds212s

4.75 net tuned to 34hz

audioque1200 wired to 1 ohm

nvx 0 gauge to the back

kinetic khc 2000

kenwood deck

Archived