Sonic Electronix

I did it again and got you all hahaha.

So basically im starting to think about running a 16v set up next year. Yeah i know i need a alt and step down thats not my problem.

So how do you know how many batteries you need. Because they dont have as many AH as a normal 12v battery does. I plan on running 4 d9s possibly i know 2 for sure.

Also i have heard that running 16v daily aint the best for amps. Is that true or not. This will be a daily driver

What all would it take to run 2 d9s daily first. Before you get carried away with the 4 d9s

Edited by Noobtastic14

- 1998 Ford Mustang -

Time to rebuild.

4 15s and alot of power

TEAM DTF

16 volts is easier on the equipment .I run 16 volts daily with no issues ...i charge @ 19.5++..

From what i understand you have to have double the batteries you would with a 12v system.

I got one person saying he does a 2:3 ratio 2 16v to 3 12v

And another saying he does 2 16v to 1 12v......If this is right thats alot of batteries

- 1998 Ford Mustang -

Time to rebuild.

4 15s and alot of power

TEAM DTF

I knew you were lying. :-) imo it depends on the amps and how they are built. My dd amps get a lot hotter since I stepped up to 14v. And 3 to 2 ratio is good. I run 6 batts on 10k. Pretty sure the 14 and 16 have same ah

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

I knew you were lying. :-) imo it depends on the amps and how they are built. My dd amps get a lot hotter since I stepped up to 14v. And 3 to 2 ratio is good. I run 6 batts on 10k. Pretty sure the 14 and 16 have same ah

See there is another new ratio. so how much power would i be good for if i got 10-12 16v batteries

- 1998 Ford Mustang -

Time to rebuild.

4 15s and alot of power

TEAM DTF