Sonic Electronix

Keep your title on topic.

This is just a cheap gimmick for getting thread views.

-Drew

your no fun. There aint to many people here that know about 16v systems and the ones that do dont like to explain them so i have to do something to draw there attention.

- 1998 Ford Mustang -

Time to rebuild.

4 15s and alot of power

TEAM DTF

I knew you were lying. :-) imo it depends on the amps and how they are built. My dd amps get a lot hotter since I stepped up to 14v. And 3 to 2 ratio is good. I run 6 batts on 10k. Pretty sure the 14 and 16 have same ah

See there is another new ratio. so how much power would i be good for if i got 10-12 16v batteries

I don't believe in a lot of batteries it works when you don't have enough alternator and with 16v your drop should never be under 16v with 2 d9s with 4 id put as many as possible. For example with all 3 of my alts 1050 amps hooked up I drop .2 fulltilt on clamped 10k playing music. With 1 350 alt hooked up and 6 14v batts I. Will drop a full volt or too battery resting voltage. My amps draw 900+amps

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

So your saying that DC fanboys are the only ones that know about 16v?

Try and target people that you know that run 16v and send them a PM or two. Get your information from a reliable source rather than bringing in anybody wanting to see pictures of sweet gear. Also, When i was new to the site I had my thread deleted because I used a gimmick title to get views so a simple title change is gracious.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

I knew you were lying. :-) imo it depends on the amps and how they are built. My dd amps get a lot hotter since I stepped up to 14v. And 3 to 2 ratio is good. I run 6 batts on 10k. Pretty sure the 14 and 16 have same ah

See there is another new ratio. so how much power would i be good for if i got 10-12 16v batteries

I don't believe in a lot of batteries it works when you don't have enough alternator and with 16v your drop should never be under 16v with 2 d9s with 4 id put as many as possible. For example with all 3 of my alts 1050 amps hooked up I drop .2 fulltilt on clamped 10k playing music. With 1 350 alt hooked up and 6 14v batts I. Will drop a full volt or too battery resting voltage. My amps draw 900+amps

alright I am going to have to get a custom alt made for it anyway so i will try to get a 350ah. I cant fit dual alts which sucks so thats why i need alot of batteries

- 1998 Ford Mustang -

Time to rebuild.

4 15s and alot of power

TEAM DTF

Then as many as you can do is the ticket

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

This is how I understand it... If I'm wrong please sort me out ;)

Find out how many cells what you are comparing has. So for example an XS 12v has 6 cells at 2-2.24v each. To get up to 16v (4v difference) that's 2 more cells in the same amount of space or 1/3 less storage. So for every 3 batteries at 12 you need another at 16. That's in a perfect world so really you should be thinking in terms of 40%-50%.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts