Pitbull, I'd love to listen to your mixes... but linky no worky ?

RooT, at this very moment, all I have is 1 set of Polk Audio components (and I have another set setting on my dresser, getting ready to go in, in the next week or two) and already, I have louder mids/highs than most of the systems I hear around my area. In fact, my main reasoning for adding another set, is so that I can have "the same amount of mids/highs" but without having to push them as hard, so therefore, cleaner. That, and better front fill.

Now, speaking of SMD's mids/highs > Rediculously LOUD and CLEAR ! The thing is though, when his bass hits with full force, your ears (at least mine) can't discern them, through all the bass. On the other hand, I think if you got out of his Ho, and stood back 50ft, you could hear the mids/highs quite well, even with the bass cranking ! I saw his vid where he walked WAY away from the Ho, and you could still hear hids mids/highs very well !

ElTortuga, I don't think so.

I have this one prime example, that I'd love to post, but I don't want the guy who made it to think I was bashing on him. The thing is, I know a lot of people love that bass boosted track.

When I played it though, I was cranking my volume, up, and up, all the way to max on my deck (35) in spite of the fact that SMD and I had already found that my deck is totally clean, only to 32-33 > in an effort to get my mids and highs loud enough.... but they still were not loud enough, when suddenly "BOOOOOOOM"..... which just totally drowned out whatever skimpy mids/highs I had managed to make....

So, I then cranked the bass all the way down on my bass controller, as well as all the way down on my deck. Now, the mids/highs were still not very loud, and the bass sounded all screwed up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So here's my point > I have been listening to several tracks latley, mostly dubstep (whether you love it, or hate it) which are recorded in such a way, that I can get MAXIMUM output, from my subs, my mid-bass drivers, and my mids/highs, all with nearly neutral deck settings, and very little push on my seperate bass controller.

So what would the point be, if I had some of these same tracks bass boosted ? If I'm already getting max bass output, with the stock recorded bass level, wouldn't I just end up having to decrease my bass levels at the deck, or on the bass controller, with these same tracks, after they had been bass boosted ???

See what I'm saying ?

Fish

PS Winn

the bass is boosted alot louder than a flat equalized song...
And that's great ! That's what I prefer..... But just to reiterate, I can get this, with my deck, and seperate bass boost controls, on "many" well recorded songs > with no need for bass boosting. The rest of you can't ?

Alright, so I went and listened to several of those tracks. Now, on my weak little PC system, I had to turn the bass totally down, to play the mids/highs at a modest level, without the little 5" subwoofer getting all whacked :) LOL

Needless say, the two 15"s in my truck will be able to play that same bass WAAAAY louder, before they too get whacked out. So I guess I'll have to try a few of these tracks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But hey now Pitbull, since you seem to be keeping an open mind about this....

How would you respond to my thing about > If the original track has enough bass, that by using the deck, and / or separate bass controls, I have enough bass signal to overwhelm my subs, already..... So what would be the point in bass boosting ?

Of course I understand that some tracks are just recorded with an "underwhelming" amount of bass, but looking over your list, you have a lot of tracks that should have TONS of factory recorded bass, no ???

Fish

You talking about one of mine Chris? If so- I can take it. :lol:

I totally get what you are talking about. I don't really have a problem, but it is because of the way my system is set up I guess. I have lots of mids and highs with a good amount of power to get them loud. But- I have the ability to turn the subs waaay down and then waaay up (full tilt is 0 clipping). Usually by then, the bass is already too much.

If demoing or just listening to music, I think it is fun to have the room to keep cranking the dial to the right. Or to turn it up to 11 as from Marty Spinal Tap would say. But I totally get what you are saying... lol

:pardon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbVKWCpNFhY

Edited by Colin - 1HVYHTR

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

I assumed when you were talking about boosted you meant like Phil Collins and shit not the normal stuff. If your subs are drowning out the mid/high I guess you need more power to them. In most cases 2kw to a couple subs will always drown out 200w to some components, it's common sense. Sounds like you don't have an inline level control.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Okay yes. The most recent prime example, was somebodies bass boosted version of "In The Air Tonight". I swear it sounded like the first step they made, was to "reduce" the mids and highs by 90% ? ......just to make absolutely sure you wouldn't hear "anything but" bass, when it hit ???

I mean, if your doing some kind of bass race or something, that's fine..... But don't they have test tracks on CD's for that kind of stuff ?

Bass heavy = Awesome !

Total bass washout = Lame. IMPO, systems / tracks that sound like this, sound like a system setup by a novice. Throw in a bunch of trunk rattling, and that's the kind of $#!+ you here around here, with every 10th vehicle that rolls down the street.

Peace,

Fish

BTW, If nobody hears from me for a few days, I'm not ignoring everybody.....

I have to move :( Major PITA !!! So I will be offline for a little bit...

I assumed when you were talking about boosted you meant like Phil Collins and shit not the normal stuff. If your subs are drowning out the mid/high I guess you need more power to them. In most cases 2kw to a couple subs will always drown out 200w to some components, it's common sense. Sounds like you don't have an inline level control.

Edited by Fish Chris