Second Skin Audio

louder?

currently i have a kicker l7 15 running off a brz1200 at 2 ohm about 900 rms ( asshole who sold me sub told me it was a d2).i was wondering how much louder would it be if i switched to some thing like sa-12 or 2 sa-10s? also what would you do a single sa-12 on 1200 rms or the 2 10s on 1200? also what are the differences between sundown, obsidian audio and skar? and what are the benefits to each?

*current*

1991 honda crx si

2 skar audio 12s

pioneer 6.5s

dual 400 watt amp

audio technix

db 1/0 wiring kit.

dual head unit

I'll leave all the technical stuff for nick or Jacob to answer. But obsidian first of all doesn't make a 10, the SA series from what I've seen can take a little bit more power and a get a little bit louder. The obsidians sound like they get a little bit lower. I say this because I have obsidians and SA series subs, I don't have Skars tho to tell you the difference but I love their magnet lol, I don't like the cone much and I've heard sketchy things about the owner, but I think he has been doing good with the company.

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

i believe Jacob has been a partner of each company lol

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

i was thinking of getting 2 obsidian 12s. how much louder do the SAs get? is it very noticeable? do you think i should get the OAs cus they take a little less power? ill only be putting 1200 rms if even that to them. or do you think i would be better off with a single SA 12?

*current*

1991 honda crx si

2 skar audio 12s

pioneer 6.5s

dual 400 watt amp

audio technix

db 1/0 wiring kit.

dual head unit

i was thinking of getting 2 obsidian 12s. how much louder do the SAs get? is it very noticeable? do you think i should get the OAs cus they take a little less power? ill only be putting 1200 rms if even that to them. or do you think i would be better off with a single SA 12?

I've seen a post from nick that the SA metered about 1-.5 db's louder, which probably wouldn't be an audible difference. I like low bass and my obsidians get down! Either sub will sound just fine on rated power, I think if I were going with 12's I'd get the obsidians because of their price difference and that's the only reason, I really love both series of subs

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

i believe Jacob has been a partner of each company lol

Yeah he has, I think that's why comparing the 3 is such a common thing

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

you also have AQ hdc3, DD 3515, AA havoc, Fi BL/BTL.....it all depends on your budget

i know theres too many options i dont see how anyone could pick. im looking to spend around 300 at the most. preferably around 250 for either 1 or 2 12s. maybe 10s.

Edited by new guy

*current*

1991 honda crx si

2 skar audio 12s

pioneer 6.5s

dual 400 watt amp

audio technix

db 1/0 wiring kit.

dual head unit