Sundown Audio

should I?

ive had two DC lv2 8s for a while now and finally bought a truck that isnt shit so im putting them in it :D i was planning on buying the DC 1.2k amp, but i got a 1.8 kenwood amp from a friend for like 60 bucks. should i hold out to get the DC or will the kenwood work fine? im aware of the RMS and what not but i dont want to fucks mah shit up lol. any help is appreciated :D

Get the alpine for now, install it properly so you are not clipping and so forth. Then go from there, if you are compleatly happy with how loud, sq and such things then no reason to keep droping money into something. But that rarely is the case so I would sugjest just saving money here and there. Worst case you love the alpine amp and you have a bunch of extra cash to spend on something else.

Fa sho, and in the car audio game there's never being "completely happy" haha. Ill eventually probably buy the DC amp anyways because mismatch equipment bothers me XD but after I paint the new ride :P

What is the rms rating on the kenwood? Usually you cant tell an audible difference in a couple hundred watts.

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

Dude if I were you I would'nt go to a 1.2k from 900rms. I would just wait and maybe upgrade to something a little bigger so you can get your moneys worth, I dont see a 1.2k being noticeably louder or worth the money you could have saved for a bigger amp. Just my .02 cents. I'd wait and save. :)

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

2000 Slamry

Dude if I were you I would'nt go to a 1.2k from 900rms. I would just wait and maybe upgrade to something a little bigger so you can get your moneys worth, I dont see a 1.2k being noticeably louder or worth the money you could have saved for a bigger amp. Just my .02 cents. I'd wait and save. :)

the 1.2K is well under rated... from what i have heard from CJ and Jeff. idk about numbers that it can do (just ask them yourself) but they said it does a pretty good bit more than 1200 rms @1Ohm... just my 2 cents. plus i think it would probably be cleaner power over the Kenwood. but dont quote me on that.lol

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

I agree it's a better amp then the kenwood but that's not what I was getting at. I meant why spend the money on a couple hundred more watts, unless you dont plan on upgradeing power to a bigger amp then the 1.2k. If you're just looking to match subs/amps go for it, if you dont plan on more power go for the DC. Now my main idea was if it's not a big difference in sound(idk never ran either amp) why not wait and go bigger if that would be the plan anyway.

I did stuff like that, having a 1k amp and get a 1.5k amp and not be satisfied then sell the new amp, haha I was a money wasting noob. :) not saying OP is I just dont want him to be disatisfied/dissapointed expecting a big difference.

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's