Advice on sq build.

Reveth

My 1st post on this thing! whats good?! anyways back on topic... trying to build a sq system. i need help trying to figure out which components i should run with my amp and if i should even bother putting rear speakers back in. any suggestions welcome. budget $600

Vehicle-2002 Montero sport

Amps- Zapco ref 650.6 & JL 1000v1

Sub- jl2w7-3 in ported box @ 32hz

speakers- infinity 6032cs front, 6032si rear

Head unit- Kenwood excelon x794

do you want a two way front stage or 3 way? stock locations or custom? do you have a processor?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

A couple ideas to look into:

Focus on front stage, look into 2-way or 3-way components

-Rainbow

-Top-end Image Dynamics

-Morel

Also you want to build an enclosure with 22-30 hz tuning with SQ, trying to optimize as flat of a response as possible. You dont want the crazy frequency peaks like most ported enclosures, SQ is all about efficiency.

A sub will act as your rear fill, especially with a powerful front stage.

Judging by your amplifier, you might want to lean towards a 3-way front stage and pick up a 6ch processor and eliminate any crossovers, they will be uneeded. With say an Audiocontrol 6ch eq/x-over, you will have all tuning capabilities, so piecing together a front stage is very optimal.

So in short:

-powerful 2-way or 3-way

-low tuned box ideal 22-25 hz

-6ch processor (eq & x-over combo)

-Zapco amp is amazing

-JL amp is efficient with sub stage

Good luck, sounds like it has great potential

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

im looking for a front stage with the same budget and i just came across the DLS gothia 6.3. it looks like a killer 3way comp set.i have not heard the, but im seeing great reviews and will probably be the set i end up with.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

mid / midbass drivers going in the doors or the kicks ??

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

a processors does a lot actually. it will give you a lot more EQ options as well as time alignment. it will let you change your crossover settings and the slope so you can blend the speakers. it also means going active so you need more amplifier channels, one channel per speaker. but going active actually helps you get your front stage louder if that is a concern.

Archived