Advice on sq build.

Reveth

I now of a couple usaci cars that were ported and placed in the top 3. And when u make it that highin up it usually falls down to height width imaging issues not blending... not trying to argue but i never said to tune it to 25-whatever. Just said done correctly they are as accurate etc. Also o.p. never claimed to want a competition car. Just an sq car....

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

I now of a couple usaci cars that were ported and placed in the top 3. And when u make it that highin up it usually falls down to height width imaging issues not blending... not trying to argue but i never said to tune it to 25-whatever. Just said done correctly they are as accurate etc. Also o.p. never claimed to want a competition car. Just an sq car....

so how is done right (im curious) cause there is allways a big roll off on ported box output out of its tunning range i just have not seen any sq ported cars over on this side nor is there much usaci here im baseing my comments on meca and my personal experaince with ported boxes im playing with sq now and have yet to get a box as acurate as a sealed one

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

so how is done right (im curious) cause there is allways a big roll off on ported box output out of its tunning range i just have not seen any sq ported cars over on this side nor is there much usaci here im baseing my comments on meca and my personal experaince with ported boxes im playing with sq now and have yet to get a box as acurate as a sealed one

4th order debate done back to your corner... :D

I know one of the guys that placed third at USACI Finals here from MS he ran Blues 8's ported

98 Chevy Blazer 4 Door

Stock Everything

The New Setup

1 - Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD

1- Pioneer DEH-80PRS

2 - Blues Audio 5.25 Mids ( On the dash )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0C Components ( In the front doors )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0 Woofers ( In the rear doors )

1 - Linear Power 952 ( Dash )

1 - Linear Power 2202IQ Modified ( Components )

1 - Linear Power 3002 ( Rear Doors )

1 - SoundStream XBP-10 Processor

1 - SoundStream BX-20Z

2 - SoundStream DTR1.3400D

4 - RE Audio SX12D4

241543L22m9xYv.gif

im talking normal ported boxes

yes 4th orders have a port but they have a sealed side as well total differnt beast right there

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Honestly alpine its not much different than an spl box..... lots of playing around with it till you find the right size and port for your power and vehicle.... but dont forget tons of these builds have a dedicated midbass as well.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

im talking normal ported boxes

yes 4th orders have a port but they have a sealed side as well total differnt beast right there

was a joke thank you for noticing my point diddy

So for the OP... shouldn't a sealed enclosure be recommended for his application? Unless he is going all out with multiple drivers and trying with many install options... Otherwise he can go ported and get "quality sound" ???...

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

You could always run a 4th order as well, efficiency of a sealed with the output of a ported! But a well built ported at a low hz range will deliver as needed. Actually the some of the guys/gals on Linear Powers team have ported Cableguy is ported for example and hes an SQ competitor! I dont many other teams winning as much as them!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

You could always run a 4th order as well, efficiency of a sealed with the output of a ported! But a well built ported at a low hz range will deliver as needed. Actually the some of the guys/gals on Linear Powers team have ported Cableguy is ported for example and hes an SQ competitor! I dont many other teams winning as much as them!

Yes Chance Parks and Cableguy are ported running Blues Audio and winning. I forgot about Mike and LeAnne.

98 Chevy Blazer 4 Door

Stock Everything

The New Setup

1 - Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD

1- Pioneer DEH-80PRS

2 - Blues Audio 5.25 Mids ( On the dash )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0C Components ( In the front doors )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0 Woofers ( In the rear doors )

1 - Linear Power 952 ( Dash )

1 - Linear Power 2202IQ Modified ( Components )

1 - Linear Power 3002 ( Rear Doors )

1 - SoundStream XBP-10 Processor

1 - SoundStream BX-20Z

2 - SoundStream DTR1.3400D

4 - RE Audio SX12D4

241543L22m9xYv.gif

Archived