Second Skin Audio

Need Help W/box...building Tmrw

Decaf

Rft1001bd, 15 Fi Q, tuned to 30-32hz, 2001 mits eclipse, all neccesary upgrades done but i need to know which design will be better.

1) should i do port up, sub up

only problem is hatch would be within 1 inch of woofers excursion if sub on top and port would be closest to back seat so i dont know if air flow will be reduced, 4cuft

2) should i do sub up port backonly problem is box size is reduced from 4cuft to 3.4 to accomidate room for port to "breathe" (port would have 4.5" from inside of trunk)

3) should i do port back sub back

only problem is its a 15 and the boxes max height can only be 16", so i would need to reinforce the dual baffle with resin = more money, 3.4cuft

4) should i do port forward sub up

only problem is the port will be blocked by rear folding seat(which could be down if neccessary), but i can make it 4cuft

which will sound the best. im not worried about spl, since it will be there anyways, but which would be the best setup

o and using 13ply birch so i dont want to make 2 boxes since its $40 a 4x8 sheet

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

thanks amatt for fast response as always... anyone have experience with hatches and have input...!!!!???? pics will come sun. only thing left to do is hook up and build box. thanks for anyone who helped me on this forum from day 1

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Archived