Random Voltage drop, from 14.4 to 12.3

Little off topic, but how does less voltage save fuel? :trippy:

less voltage does not save fuel. An alternator that is charging takes power to spin. a alternator that is not charging spins with much less resistance. less resistance to spin the alternator is more fuel saved.

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

I kinda have this with my truck but it takes a lot to make it kick on, typically i have to restart the engine a few times for my voltage to drop down. If this is not the computer telling the alt to charge at a lower voltage try to have the car cold and rev the engine up, if your voltage drops down as if you are running off straight battery power then your alt is bad. I had that happen with my first mechman alt that was damaged in shipping. The alt was super hot when it was working the first 2 days but the third day it had a loud groan on it when it was spinning and when i revved the engine above 1500rpm it would stop charging and send me down to run on battery power. Thank god i had my xs power battery to help me drive 25 miles home on.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

The computer instructs the alternator to drop from 14.5 volts to 12.5 (ie. not charging the battery) when all of the following are true:

- Load below 10A

- Speed below 40 MPH

- Engine speed below 3600 RPM

- Coolant temp above 140 F

- A/C off

- Intake air temp above 65 F

- Brake switch off

- Fuel cut-off not active

turn your AC on

Wow that helped alot, thanks man! I didnt think about the A/c.

I live in florida so i usually have the A/c blasting, but the past few days ive had the windows down a/c off cause its getting cooler out.

Amp: Kicker ZX1000.1

Sub: 1 AudioQue HDC315

Box: 3.6cf @ 34hz

2nd Batt: Shuriken BT-35

The computer instructs the alternator to drop from 14.5 volts to 12.5 (ie. not charging the battery) when all of the following are true:

- Load below 10A

- Speed below 40 MPH

- Engine speed below 3600 RPM

- Coolant temp above 140 F

- A/C off

- Intake air temp above 65 F

- Brake switch off

- Fuel cut-off not active

turn your AC on

is there any easy way to bypass this without replacing the computer?

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2 DC Level4 12"

Soundstream TA1.3000d

4 RF Punch 6.5" Components

2 RF Punch 3.5" 2-ways

RF Prime 400.4D

XS Power XP950 +&-run of XScorpion 1/0 OFC My Civic Build