Sonic Electronix

So I got a Kenwood KVT-512, it has 2 sets of 2 volt preamp outs. I will be connecting a RF R500.1 and a RF R300.4(has no 2/4 switch). Do I need a processor or will Y splitters be alright?

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

Processors as great as they are in your case would not be necessary. You can use a splitter just be careful how many times you split it. Now if the pics on google are accurate you wont even need the splitter. Your 500.1 shows it has a pass-thru rca connector on the side of the amp. If you have this then you can use that pass-thru to connect the rca to your 4 channel amp then use a splitter right before the 4 channels connector so the rca will be split into 4 outputs. Basically connect the 500.1 up first, then for the output on the monoblock get a 2 way splitter (either a male to 2 female or female to 2 male connector) and hook that to your 4 channel.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Cool...thanks for the input man. Yes the mono does have a pass through, hate to sound like a dummy but I didnt even think of that :pardon: learn something new everyday on SMD!

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

Processors as great as they are in your case would not be necessary. You can use a splitter just be careful how many times you split it. Now if the pics on google are accurate you wont even need the splitter. Your 500.1 shows it has a pass-thru rca connector on the side of the amp. If you have this then you can use that pass-thru to connect the rca to your 4 channel amp then use a splitter right before the 4 channels connector so the rca will be split into 4 outputs. Basically connect the 500.1 up first, then for the output on the monoblock get a 2 way splitter (either a male to 2 female or female to 2 male connector) and hook that to your 4 channel.

People like you are why I still am active on these forums. Great response here, If I could shake your hand I would.

Thank you sir. I was once a noob... well still am to some extent haha. I hated when i asked for help and get stupid responses like "if you have to ask dont do it". The sound processor will greatly improve your clarity of your speakers but like i mentioned would not be necessary unless you wanted to do that down the line. Either way you would need to use a 2 way splitter but only 2 of them. Pretty much the output on your monoblock will need to be split once per channel (the left will be split into 2 left channels, the right will be split into 2 right channels) and then go to your amp. If you want to save a little money and some mess of having extra wires hanging all over the place heres how i would wire it up.

1.) Connect your amps up and wire them up like you normally would.

2.) Once the amps are wired up get like a 3-6 foot (depending on how far you are going to have the 4 channel from the monoblock) 2 channel RCA wire, two female to 2 male rca splitters like shown here: http://www.google.com/imgres?q=female+to+2+male+rca&um=1&hl=en&biw=1366&bih=643&tbm=isch&tbnid=2Da7fBBGaWMbbM:&imgrefurl=http://www.dinodirect.com/wholesale-jack-cable-2male-rca-stereo-female.html&docid=1AjNJEidPaZtFM&w=750&h=726&ei=_wCRTpGJBsnG0AHM9PUW&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=821&vpy=119&dur=769&hovh=221&hovw=228&tx=126&ty=111&page=1&tbnh=142&tbnw=147&start=0&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:18,s:0

3.) connect the 3-6ft 2 channel rca cable to the pass-thru output on your monoblock amp then route the wires to your 4 channel amp (note: make sure you know which output is left and right by matching the colors on them or labeling them)

4.) Connect both the rca splitters you purchased to your 4 channel amp and note which side you hookup (ie. channel 1+2 is your left channel and channel 3+4 are your right channel speakers)

5.) once everything is all set mess with the fader on your radio to ensure when you take the balance to the right only the speakers on the right play. If they do then you have been successful, if not just swap rca's on the amp and you will be fine.

It sounds like a whole lot but its not really as hard as it seems. Just dont do what i did like a total moron. I had my left front door speaker connected to the right rear speaker, and had the right front speaker connected to the left rear speaker and it was canceling out the sound so bad i didnt know why my mids and highs sounded so crappy until i played with it today. hahaha.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

what kind of vehicle?

Me? Dodge Ram SS/T Regular Cab. Running a DC Level 3 12 off a R500.1, and a set of RF T1652-S Comps and a set of RF T1652 Coax's off the R300.4.

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

i hooked my 4 channel and monoblock up by just using the sub preouts for the sub amp, and then using the Front preouts on the front channel of my 4 channel and then used it's pass thru to run a short run of rca's to connect it to the rear channel on the 4 channel. yes this loses the ability to fade front and back speakers but i dont need to since i can hear them equally fine.

you running a set of rear speakers?

No, 2 in each door and 1 in each A pillar.

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500