Second Skin Audio

4th or 6th for one 10"

okay. usually people go with a 2:1 ratio. thats about the minimum that people go with to get the most output from their stuff.

however the curve is gonna be a little peaky. so you do need to decide what kind of area youd like to get the most out of your sub. such as the lows or mids or highs if you want.

its not going to cut out the highs if you go on the lower end. but they will not sound super impressive, however the low end will sound really amazing.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

a 2:1 ratio is for every 1 cubic foot of sealed side there should be around 2 cubes on the ported side. that is net volume.

so you should look up the manufacturers recomended sealed box volume and go from there. say your 10 needs .5 cubes for a sealed box. you would need 1 cube of volume for the ported side of the enclosure

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

the first test Tline is gonna be a alpine type r dual 2 ohm 12.

then if that turns out well i might do one for two sa12's on a bc 2k in a hyundai elantra lol (like a half wall)

my next 4th order is a wall with two level 3 18's with level 4 soft parts and some other mods. hopefully on a 3.5k

What would the total size be of the for those 2 sa-12's?

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander
Sony 712

Soundqubed HDS208

Alpine MRV-M500

Transmission line enclosure

Soundqubed wiring

Knu rca

XS Power battery

CNF terminals

like zayers said. on the 4th order making the port pretty large and going down is the easiest way to tune. have most of the port outside of the box. that way you can figure out what the tuning is that will fit your needs.

like a test box that you can control different sized ports.

i have two 12's in a 4th order with a little over 22insq of port area. but most of my port is sitting outside the box

2011-09-08_12-04-00_73.jpg

when tuning 4th orders your going to tune your ported side pretty high. so basically 50 hz is the higher end of tuning. pretty much to get the low end of the box youll tune closer to 45hz

mine is tuned to 46 and it is phenominal on the low end.

I'm actually pretty interested in 4th orders as well, I noticed somebody said 2:1 ratio ported side to sealed side but what if you had 2 12" subs? How would that work in a 4th order exactly?

you would still keep the overall two to one ratio. in my box i have two sealed sections

as you can see there is one for each sub.

IMG00081.jpg

it does not have to be each sub has its own individual space. but overall you still need to have a 2:1 ratio. like 12's would be .75 sealed for each sub. so 1.5net then 3 cubes ported. to keep the overall ratio correct