Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hey everyone. Kinda new here. I'm only 17 with a part time job so bare with me I don't have thousands to spend unfortunately. I am from New Zealand and here we don't have easy access to all the awesome products that you guys in the U.S.A have. I am limited in areas like Alternators, Batteries (brands like XS, Kinetic aren't in NZ), and the car audio scene isn't very big here.

Big ups to Ashley @ Abtec LTD NZ! He is the importer for Digital Designs in NZ and runs DB DRAG NZ. Thanks!

abtec-online-car-audio.png

I plan to use as much Digital Designs gear as I can. :) The plan for my car build is constantly changing but here is what I am think right now...

Headunit: Pioneer DEH-P5150UB

Front doors: 2 sets of DD-CS6.5 component sets.

Rear doors: May add the DD-CXS5.2 coaxials from the front doors.

Rear boot (on top of the coilover housing): DD-CXS6.5 coaxials.

Sub woofer(s): Thinking either 2x DD-1512 or a single DD-3512. Really digging the single sub setups at the moment.

Front amp: Fusion PP-AM8004. Upgrade to DD later?

Rear amp: None at the moment. Not sure what I'll use.

Subwoofer amp: Will get a DD M1b/c.

I am building up my car audio system. At the moment I am working on the front doors. This is my first time fibre glassing anything.

Stay tuned for updates!

Edited by darkraid
Posted (edited)

Without further ado I give you pics!

jFazsYpYeb6Ud.JPG

jsmHeU3Ofqp4Q.JPG

jbmtBnqlCAp88v.JPG

jBCcfW9DhIu4I.JPG

jIz4rJYL59Nb5.JPG

jjc4qEvF0Ti5t.jpg

j7jTZ0vEs7laS.jpg

j2crqVirM8Fp1.jpg

jjPyVwGwufMmp.jpg

jbonu1CXKCsTyg.jpg

jb0L9l5GixRxTO.jpg

jIbYFUDxlavpf.jpg

jooxKLjUbjaiq.jpg

j4FsbR5WZeM3u.jpg

jbhGtsMj6sxnMw.jpg

jVWB1k0kIgPZJ.jpg

Edited by darkraid
Posted (edited)

jnMMb1WsvENio.jpg

jbqHjsp9gSUAZD.jpg

jbgeHh28vkO1Gs.jpg

jbmKojOiSgtbHr.jpg

jPoof5C1xdbEt.jpg

Unfortunatly a lady reversed into my car almost 2 weeks ago and it is getting it's new door this week. Hope to have it back by thursday.

The damage:

j3LaNhzKjcp6S.jpg

j7UbBS1yvEAni.jpg

jbyuP3QI9LI0id.jpg

jSlYSrrj7cZNt.jpg

jbnCDAOIVGdma3.jpg

jbzSRgkBWEDAMy.jpg

Edited by darkraid
Posted

Nice equipment and progress so far sucks about the lady though it's strange because I didn't know they were installing kitchens in cars now a days :trippy:

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

Posted (edited)

Nice equipment and progress so far sucks about the lady though it's strange because I didn't know they were installing kitchens in cars now a days :trippy:

Thanks. What do you mean kitchens in cars now a days? lol Ohhhhhhhhh brain fart there. I get what you mean :P Nice! :D

It was a weird incident really. I had reversed out from a driveway across from hers and I had just straightend up on the road when I saw her coming towards me at somewhat high speed (10-15km/h) and before I could get out of her way she hit my door with her rear bumper. I was fuming when it happend. My mate that was in the front passengers seat was a little shocked with what had just happened. It's all good though because her insurance is paying for my car to be repaired as it was her fault.

Edited by darkraid
Posted

Today I fibreglassed the passengers side door card. Also bought a Fusion PP-AM10001 off Trademe (NZ's equivalent of Ebay). Should also be picking up my new Dayton sub in the next few days.

Posted

Everything is in the car now. The door cards still need finishing up. Tidying with a grinder, another coat of resin and then sanding to get it smooth. Then I will body filler it if it is not smooth enough. Then paint it dark grey to match the interior. The door cards are really rough at the moment but I just couldn't resist not getting them on the car and see what they sound like!

Really impressed with them and how they sound! Well worth the money!

My bass is lacking a bit now so I will be building a new box in the near future which will be ported instead of sealed to get some more output.

I will throw up some pictures tomorrow and possibly a video of the system at the moment.

Posted

what did u use to attache the fabric to the door instead of saples

I only used staples. On the inside part of the enclosure I didn't really worry about what it looked like but on the external cloth at the top I folded the fabric underneath it's self and stapled the underneath piece so that the staples were hidden.

need some more pics man!! welcome! :drinks:

I will take some tomorrow when it is day light :D Video coming soon too :)

Thanks for the support and interest guys!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3192 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...