SSD max safe wattage ?

pitbullninja

agreed with fmedina. I do hate the "if you have to asks" though.

Omg I know, it's like I'm asking cuz I was confused not because I wanted that answer

That is not the point of that statement, and I hope my explanation will clear it up for you, and why it used SO often.

If you have to ask these types of questions, then it is completely 100% safe to assume you lack the experience and or knowledge to run equipment either over it's recommended manufacturer ratings or a driver to and past its mechanical and thermal capabilities. You also most likely lack the experience on how an enclosure can affect a driver in certain situations, or how settings on the amplifier can tear apart your sub's suspension, or how rise saves most daily systems on a larger scale than currently known.

And that's perfectly fine to not have all the experience or knowledge, no one came out the womb with a clamp meter in one hand and a crimper in the other. I sure didn't, no one does. The point is this though, if you lack these important factors, then pushing these pieces of equipment to their limit is dangerous, expensive, and just all around stupid. How will you know, if in fact, you are pushing a driver to its limit? Will you be able to hear it? Will you be able to understand it? Most likely no.

Now, some people, do not care. They lacked the experience and or knkowledge and did it anyways. I am one of these people. I have literally thrown money into a big pit and set it on fire learning what I know now. What you also have to realize is that these are not people asking. I learn by experience, research, research, testing, and then more experience. So when people say, "If you have to ask, don't do it.", it is because they are only looking ou for your well being and hard earned cash. The RMS can be considered a joke by most for awesome companies like FI/AA, but the fact remains there are ratings to protect the consumer. You will not hear a difference with only a couple hundred watts.

What I would do, if the SSD is seriously in your budget, and you would like to recone, see if you can recone to an 18" D! and then wire to 2ohms nominal on the AQ2200. I have fed 2,000 watts to the SSD, did get pretty warm on some songs and after extended periods of time, but that was mostly because of my enclosure. So if you're feeling froggy, wire it to 1 ohm on the AQ2200, and when it blows, recone anyways to an 18".

Also, it's used so previous owner abuse may or may not be present.

Also, not trying to rain down on you. Just explaining the saying, since most confuse it to mean if you don't know then you're screwed. Not the case, staying within guidelines and a properly setup and matching setup can lead to a wonderful, long living system setup. Just saying. Good luck :good:

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Omg I know, it's like I'm asking cuz I was confused not because I wanted that answer

That is not the point of that statement, and I hope my explanation will clear it up for you, and why it used SO often.

If you have to ask these types of questions, then it is completely 100% safe to assume you lack the experience and or knowledge to run equipment either over it's recommended manufacturer ratings or a driver to and past its mechanical and thermal capabilities. You also most likely lack the experience on how an enclosure can affect a driver in certain situations, or how settings on the amplifier can tear apart your sub's suspension, or how rise saves most daily systems on a larger scale than currently known.

And that's perfectly fine to not have all the experience or knowledge, no one came out the womb with a clamp meter in one hand and a crimper in the other. I sure didn't, no one does. The point is this though, if you lack these important factors, then pushing these pieces of equipment to their limit is dangerous, expensive, and just all around stupid. How will you know, if in fact, you are pushing a driver to its limit? Will you be able to hear it? Will you be able to understand it? Most likely no.

Now, some people, do not care. They lacked the experience and or knkowledge and did it anyways. I am one of these people. I have literally thrown money into a big pit and set it on fire learning what I know now. What you also have to realize is that these are not people asking. I learn by experience, research, research, testing, and then more experience. So when people say, "If you have to ask, don't do it.", it is because they are only looking ou for your well being and hard earned cash. The RMS can be considered a joke by most for awesome companies like FI/AA, but the fact remains there are ratings to protect the consumer. You will not hear a difference with only a couple hundred watts.

What I would do, if the SSD is seriously in your budget, and you would like to recone, see if you can recone to an 18" D! and then wire to 2ohms nominal on the AQ2200. I have fed 2,000 watts to the SSD, did get pretty warm on some songs and after extended periods of time, but that was mostly because of my enclosure. So if you're feeling froggy, wire it to 1 ohm on the AQ2200, and when it blows, recone anyways to an 18".

X2

TEAM DISTANT THUNDER

So if it's the same coil and motor how come uh I'm so confused here.... Why would they use the same stuff and wouldn't it be the same volume?

same volume? no. because the cones are different sizes. bigger cones output more sound. smaller cones output less sound. its simple. just because they have the same motors and coils, doesnt mean that they will all be as loud as one another

Also, not trying to rain down on you. Just explaining the saying, since most confuse it to mean if you don't know then you're screwed. Not the case, staying within guidelines and a properly setup and matching setup can lead to a wonderful, long living system setup. Just saying. Good luck :good:

Dude.. I love you no homo that post shows no arrogance you truly are just trying to help. I tried to call him today and he had just sold it 10 minutes prior.. Very sad about it but hey I'm gonna see what I have the room and money for when I get my car. (old ones engine crapped out on me) I'm still going to be posting asking many questions and hopefully will see you on more of my posts :D

Archived