Second Skin Audio

question for mt owners

I was thinkin of getting a re MT, but i have heard that people have been having problems with over heating, due to the fact that the backplate isn't vented. Have any of you had any overheating issues with the mt's?

i know since the sale of re to us amps, the prices have gone sky high. anyone recommend a dealer or have any hookups with some decent prices? i was lookin into an 18 or 15? ???

Nobody makes me bleed my own blood, NOBODY!!!

i have some 18's.... 800 each shipped brand new dual 2 ohm

they arent designed for daily use.

If you use them for daily expect to have issues, cant blame the woofer, it does what it was designed for very well.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

yep, they do get hot when you Hammer on them for a decent amount of time with good power.

basicly from what I have been told soon as you smell them, you turn it down or off for a little bit to let them cool down.

They are expensive, I will be purchasing some of these baddboys as soon as the season is over, for my rebuild for next season.

Call Sound-Solutionz. Rusty is Dealer, here is their website addy http://www.sound-solutionz.com

David

thanks for the replies... i would be using it daily, but how does meade, as well as others get away with it as a daily system? I know that people also say that they are not musical, but from seeing meades system as well as others at shows, they seem to be more than able to play musically..

what's the deal with the spiders, some people have triple or quad thick, what's the difference ???

basicly like I said in my other post, Soon as you smell the coils getting hot you shut the system down long enough to cool off.

Spiders, spiders are part of the suspension, the more spiders you have the stiffer the suspension of the driver.

David

lol... i think that is funny, smelling them and then turning them down. anyway, what is the benefit of having stiffer spiders?

any other subs that you know of that could match the output of an MT, but is not affected by overheating? preferably and 18" of some sort.. maybe solo x, apx, etc....

when you compete and your serious about it, you will blow subs and other equipment for that matter, no matter what the brand.  On the daily, with a hard beating on 8 amps.......one modded bd1500.1 on each coil (.7ohms) they really slam.  I can go all day up to a certain volume level.  If i go too far up the volume i have been known to get them hot and yes, back off a notch if you smell them........just like ANY sub.  Its been a long time since ive had any trouble with my subs though and believe me i beat the hell out of my shit every single day at one point or another.  You do have to be carefull just like with any sub but i dont think its as bad as some people might say.   

When it comes to being musical, again, just like any other sub or even SYSTEM configuration...your gonna have your songs that dont sound right and others that are out of control loud and CLEAN sounding.  Everytime ive ever redone my system or retuned a box, the lineup of stuff that sounds good changes so its no big deal.   I love the way my MT's sound. 

To answer the spider question, i have triple spiders on mine, i imagine the extra spiders keep the sub from launching the sub out of the basket from all the power they can take....

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

when you compete and your serious about it, you will blow subs and other equipment for that matter, no matter what the brand.  On the daily, with a hard beating on 8 amps.......one modded bd1500.1 on each coil (.7ohms) they really slam.  I can go all day up to a certain volume level.  If i go too far up the volume i have been known to get them hot and yes, back off a notch if you smell them........just like ANY sub.  Its been a long time since ive had any trouble with my subs though and believe me i beat the hell out of my shit every single day at one point or another.  You do have to be carefull just like with any sub but i dont think its as bad as some people might say.   

When it comes to being musical, again, just like any other sub or even SYSTEM configuration...your gonna have your songs that dont sound right and others that are out of control loud and CLEAN sounding.  Everytime ive ever redone my system or retuned a box, the lineup of stuff that sounds good changes so its no big deal.   I love the way my MT's sound. 

To answer the spider question, i have triple spiders on mine, i imagine the extra spiders keep the sub from launching the sub out of the basket from all the power they can take....

sounds good! thanks meade!!! ;D