How long can you... do you... have you....

Earth, well that kinda' sucks. I could have sworn I've felt cold air blow from those with my AC cranked.... No ?

Peace,

Fish

Update:

And was already thinking, "wow, I bet you that vent exit could be pretty easily routed right to / across my amp. So, on a cool night, I could close all of the other vent ducts, put the thing on low AC, and direct most of that right across my amp......

Peace,

Fish

usually, those under the seat vents are routed with heat when the hot air blend door is in the heater position. most heaters have floor settings, and that's where you would get anything coming through those ducts. the a/c primarily is upper ducting only. I have seen custom ducting ran from an a/c vent to channel cool air on an amp.

As far as the thermal issue, I have used those style RF amps, and i was able to get mine to thermal and shut down many times. A little more sensitive then i would like, but not too much of an issue unless sitting still on hot days/nights. The fan had more noise then i cared for too, but only a bother at lower or idle volume levels.

it's possible,.. manufactures are doing strange things these days. I wouldn't put it past Ford to do something like that either. That's why i said most cases, but there are going to be exceptions more often then not anymore.

It's not the most air tight system either. so could also be a combination of them getting residual air flow stricktly based on how the plenum under the dash is designed.

Edited by E a r t h

ascendant.jpglogo.jpgteamsundown-1.jpgDCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

I hear you.

Peace,

Fish

it's possible,.. manufactures are doing strange things these days. I wouldn't put it past Ford to do something like that either. That's why i said most cases, but there are going to be exceptions more often then not anymore.

It's not the most air tight system either. so could also be a combination of them getting residual air flow stricktly based on how the plenum under the dash is designed.

Edited by Fish Chris