Second Skin Audio

Small Box for DC 10" Woofer

Still working on some simple designs for my friends system I am building for her. I'm getting her a DC Level 3 10" woofer to go in a small ported box behind the rear seat of a 1994 Jeep Wrangler. First design!

subwooferbox.png

2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz

looks like autodesk inventor.

pretty nice tho!

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

Yeah it's Inventor. I used it alot last year in my engineering drawing classes. It's pretty boring, but I had to keep it small. :/

My new box will be more exciting, since it's probably going in place of my rear seats!

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

What volume and tuning are you aiming for?

This box isn't really accurate because it was a general design to see what can fit in the space, but for her I think I'll go for like 30hz tuning and 1 cu ft after displacement. If you have a better suggestion, please share because I've only ever built one box haha. Also, I could definitely use some help in designing a box for my next set of woofers. I'm waiting for DC to release their new line in January. :drink40:

For those interested in this program, here's one I was designing for an idea in my car. I'm not going to use it, but I still thought I'd share what you can do with the Inventor program. The box is 48x24x24.75 with a 20 degree tilt back. This was an idea to go where my rear seats are.

EDIT: Box for 2 15's.

subwooferbox2.png

Edited by Dylank811

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

I like the way that inventor program looks, I'd just hate to ditch SketchUp after being so used to it. I assume you can use just a plain white background as well?

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

I like the way that inventor program looks, I'd just hate to ditch SketchUp after being so used to it. I assume you can use just a plain white background as well?

Yeah, I do that just to be fancy haha.

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring