Second Skin Audio

What kind of box should I build?

I'm using Torres Box Calculator off this forum. I was going to try for 2.5cu.ft @ ~30hz. But the port length is just huge.

I seem to have got a combination on Torres Box calculator that gives me 2.49cu.ft @ 30.72hz (34.80sq" port area x 35" port length).

Is 35" a long port?

Yeah of course the port bends :P but I just thought that 35" was fairly long. Hmmm 4th order, What program can I use to see the frequency response and that? I know theres WinISD but that's not made for car situations. I've got Bass Box Pro but no idea how to use it.

The standard(usually good to go by) formula is running the sub in its recommended sized vented requirements and half that as the sealed area of the 4th order. Typically it's a 2:1 ratio guys use. And they tune higher, like 45 hz'ish.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

The standard(usually good to go by) formula is running the sub in its recommended sized vented requirements and half that as the sealed area of the 4th order. Typically it's a 2:1 ratio guys use. And they tune higher, like 45 hz'ish.

Just did that in WinISD and this is what it looked like. Blue is the 4th order, green is the ported I mentioned above.

jiNCUpIDYzhVC.PNG

Really confused ay. Torres vs RE box calc vs my own calculations all give me different figures for the box volume and tuning with a lock port area, length and box size (length,width,height).

Don't know what to believe!

i'd believe torres if i were you.

Yeah I think I will. I have a box sorted now. 2.56cu.ft NET 34 sqin port area x 35". Tuning frequency of 30.14hz. 0.75" MDF with a double stack front baffle.

Gross Volume is 4.07cu.ft. Port volume is 1.23cu.ft. According to Torres. I'll throw it up on Google Sketchup now and draw my cutting plan up too.