BigSix's beater Jeep budget build... The Jeep is no more. See pg 9 for update

this is almost a copy of my buddys jeep lol.. he runs a hifonics brz2400 and a kinetik 2400m on a 18" SSA xcon.. we did 7 cubes net volume with 2 6" psp aeros tuned at 32hz..over 9 cubes gross volume.. and a dbeleectrical 220 amp alt.. almost the same lauout n all

props man...except for that crappy box lol..thats gotta go

thanks man....and ya..that POS box is only temporary....should be starting new box saturday if all goes according to plan, I caught a mistake or 2 in the box design that need to be corrected, otherwise net volume is actually a cube less than what it should be......Im really looking forward to dropping in the new box and upping my wattage, but even as it sits on 1200w in this crap box, it slaps pretty good...cant wait to hear it once its right..

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Just thought i'd do a little update, the box problem has been figured out. there wasn't a mistake after all lol.

but Bigsix does some thorough work!

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Just thought i'd do a little update, the box problem has been figured out. there wasn't a mistake after all lol.

Hmmmm

he inspected my design very thoroughly lol. but now that the box is figured out i can't wait to see this thing in action!

:popcorn:

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Hmmmm

he inspected my design very thoroughly lol. but now that the box is figured out i can't wait to see this thing in action!

:popcorn:

Im being anal. I should been this anal when I did my door pods...prob gonna tear em off and re finish em sometime soon. Ill be buyind mdf friday after work, and getting started on the box ASAP. Once box is in, Ill drop the xcon down to .5 and let her rip...

( on video for all you foo's of course) :)

And yes, wasnt really a mistake in the box design at all, just me being me and being overly concerned about silly shit... but yup, box design is stout and this bish should slap pretty damn good....stayed tuned ya'll

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Update time! Old crappy box that came with SSA is on its way to the gun range to be a new target and maybe firewood. Had a member on here, 412CVX, help me out with a decent box design... Went to HomeDepot yesterday morning, the price on MDF was nice, so we grabbed up a couple boards, a tube of tight bond, a bucket of screw and did work, Heres some of the pics taken throughout the process:

We got everything set up and started cutting pieces,

cutmdf.jpg

After everything was cut up, we dropped the bottom in just for a quick test fit:

testfitbotm.jpg

Should be a good fit.

Next we started getting everything glued and screwed....We actually used my finish nailer to tack pieces together well...the pre drilled every hole , hit it with a counter sink bit and screwed em down..

opentop.jpg

insidenotop-1.jpg

Tossed this part in to check the fit....perfect

nobaftestfit.jpg

My boy Jake started gettin the 2 layers of baffle glued and clamped together:

baffleclamp.jpg

Instead of cutting 45s for the corners, I grabbed this at home depot, we cut 3 inch wide strips out of it, and glued and glassed em into the corners...

cornerstuff.jpg

messyglass.jpg

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Jakes mom doesnt let him use power tools, so we let him have fun with the sander on the baffle while we went over by the heater and drank some beer.

jakesnader.jpg

After all the screw holes were drilled, counter skank and then screwed down, it was time to bust out some fill and do a quick job smoothing everything over...

mudwork-1.jpg

mudwork2-1.jpg

We didnt go to nutso with filler, just kinda skimmed the holes and a few of the seams and then sanded it down quick..i think we were getting ansty

My other dude, G-unit likes to huff stuff, so I let him go off on the primer:

primer.jpg

The we started to cover the box in this:

bedliner2.jpg

rattle can bedliner FTW

First coat drying:

1stCoat.jpg

Finally ready to go back into the Jeep

ready-1.jpg

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Next it was time to clean up the back of the Jeep and make sure it was ready for its new cargo

newhome.jpg

I decided since both my amps light up blue, and kinda make it glow back there, I would add to it, these were on clearance at the local Autozone...

rearlightled-1.jpg

Super simple install....We'll see how long they last...

Finally back in its home...woot.

finallyIn.jpg

nicefit-1.jpg

It fits good, takes all absolutely every inch of the cargo floor, and doesnt look to shabby..I can still see out the back window just fine and my rear seats work again...mission accomplished.

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Small Update.

Played it just a bit, can't go to nutso, its a nice day and all my neighbors are out in their yards, but, I played it for a bit...huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge improvement over the original box. Sounds much much better and gets wayyyyy lower, I thought I was gonna lose a door pod for a second actually... Definitely shakes everything much more and moves alot more air...I am supposed to head out to my dudes this evening, he lives out in the booines so we should be able to post up a flex vid tonight...And after dark Ill snap a pic or 2 with the leds on and the box glowin all pretty...lol

And if anyones curious its a tick over 7.5 cubes after displacements and tuned to 30.

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Looking good man! can't wait to see videos of this thing in action!

i see you used the old box as a work bench. tehehe at least it's good for something

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

Archived