Sanitarium Posted October 19, 2011 Report Posted October 19, 2011 how has this thing gone on for so many damn pages? pitbullninja what do you want, for someone to line out an entire build for you, with budgets, cutout sizes, box plans, wire footage, rattle solutions, gain setpoints, etc, etc? Just start doing it man. there's a thing called asking TOO many questions and you've crossed that line 4 pages ago.
Bigsix Posted October 19, 2011 Report Posted October 19, 2011 What if I already have the amp :/ Well if I read correctly, you already have a broken amp, correct? So in reality, you dont have an amp, that works.. sell it, throw it away, use it as a paperweight. This reply is a perfect example of what these dudes are telling you... you are getting good advice and it goes in one ear and out the other. Just because I know the chemical compounds and manufacturing process for crystal meth doesn't mean we should all sit down and smoke it, does it? Just because you have that amp (broken or not) doesnt mean you have the knowledge to properly run it(i.e. wanting to feed it 16v, see you woulda done that and then had a broken amp again, not so smart). You have all this talk about patience a few posts back, I dont see it, patience isnt joining a forum and posting out the wazoo about shit you dont know about...patience is doing the research and learning and saving up cash and taking your time. Like I said, ive been around here almost a year, I have wayyyyyyy less posts than you( and apparently a way larger knowledge base)....you know why? because as a noob around here, I have found it way more beneficial to shut my trap and read read read.... Its kinda hard to hear what someone is telling you if your flapping your gums full tilt aint it? As said before these are alot of smart great dudes around here, that will give you the best most honest answers regarding your set up, but by the same token, they arent going to be willing to help someone that talks when they should be listening, over and over again. 1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway) - (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3.... 1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.- - Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car "Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said: i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho URBAN GORILLA AUDIO
Bigsix Posted October 19, 2011 Report Posted October 19, 2011 Www.Google.com plus 1 million. and here Pitbullninja go get urself an Audiopipe APSM1300, 2 hi-fi 12s, and pay ram or someone on here to design your box. Done deal. youll have decent bumps, no need to continue this shit pile thread, and a small safe system to play with and cut your teeth on. then build up from there. Nice and easy, and good for a limited budget as well. Thats about as no brainer as it can get.no extra batts, no new alt, big 3 it up, throw that ish in there and drive around bumpin. Like I just stated, about as no brainer as it can get, cause it is starting to seem like you want us to spoon feed you. 1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway) - (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3.... 1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.- - Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car "Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said: i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho URBAN GORILLA AUDIO
pitbullninja Posted October 19, 2011 Author Report Posted October 19, 2011 Yeh I'm going to run gain at lol 85% but compared to 1 btl how would it compare? cone area is king good sir. a couple of FI SSD 15's would match the amp nicely. and it would be 450 (before shipping) I'm 7 miles from FI that would be final price lol
pitbullninja Posted October 19, 2011 Author Report Posted October 19, 2011 The reason I keep asking is because I was trying to start off way to big with my system, I was just confused mostly.
Sanitarium Posted October 19, 2011 Report Posted October 19, 2011 The reason I keep asking is because I was trying to start off way to big with my system, I was just confused mostly. Well all the information you need is right here on the forum. Instead of asking so many questions, start reading through build logs.
ChevyBoy95 Posted October 20, 2011 Report Posted October 20, 2011 If you have the amp already, put it to the side and start over. I've only been doing my own installs for 3 years and everytime I do something I learn either an easier way or the proper way to go along with it. I read through every page and can honestly say your aren't ready to run that much power, and doesnt look like you have the budget to do it right. Example, I recent got an amp that does just over 3k, I spend about 800 on a batt, alt and wire only to land myself with enough amps to sustain DECENT voltage, not even maintain 14.4 or something near it. Full tilt I touch 12.9-12.8v which in my book is Terrible drop and a huge loss of wattage at the amp. If you want something right, save up and then save up more. Build the system up, don't just go from a paper airplane to a jet. Get a decent sub and amp that stock can handle, then later maybe add a sub or bigger amp, then a battery, then more wire, then highs, then highs amp, then more subs, then alt, then bigger amp, etc. Just my .02 Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
ChevyBoy95 Posted October 20, 2011 Report Posted October 20, 2011 I second bigsix on the budget set up. Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
Bigsix Posted October 20, 2011 Report Posted October 20, 2011 I second bigsix on the budget set up. thanks man. And dude, this cat is straight up either messin around or ignorant. I pm'd him, try to help him out and see what his goals are...dude had a couple decent replies then started off talking crazy and stupid again. And by the way, he told me sneezes at anytihng in the 140's and a cpl sentences prior asked me why 2 drastically different set ups were "only" 10 dbs apart....he could understand why they were so "close".....So what Im getting at here is any of us that have only had a car in the 30's or 40's shouldnt even bother contributing cause dude will sneeze at us. I give up and now only will contribute to the idiocy of this thread. Anyone wanna buy my million watt pyramid amp? 1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway) - (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3.... 1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.- - Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car "Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said: i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho URBAN GORILLA AUDIO
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.