Yeh I'm going to run gain at lol 85% but compared to 1 btl how would it compare?

Huh? What does that have to do with anything? Your gain isn't a volume knob, you don't just choose a number and set it there. The gain knob is to match the voltage that your head unit is sending to your amp. The only proper way to set it is with an o-scope or a dd-1. You can try by ear but it isn't recommended, there is also the dmm route but it didn't work for me.

On another note the SA's will do fine on that power and peope that know what they are doing are in the 150's all day with them. Doesn't mean any of us will be, I'm just sayin. But the low-mid 30's would be a low goal for the set up id say.

Tbh I thought it was a overal power knob for example 2k instead of 2500

99% of amps put out most of their power with the gains only like a 3rd of the way up.... Unless your going to use a o-scope or pay a shop to correctly tune your amp, don't waste your time buying a BTL or some other big sub you plan to stick all this power on, specially with only 1 extra batt and no other electrical upgrades. Your gonna blow that sub in no time. Save more, get a new alt, a real batt, then think about trying to run 2,500 rms to a sub.

2012 Ford Ranger:

Build comming soon!

• Kenwood DNX-6160
  • DC 175.4
  • 2 sets of O2 AR63 3-way Comps

Archived