pitbullninja Posted October 18, 2011 Author Report Posted October 18, 2011 Yeh I'm going to run gain at lol 85% but compared to 1 btl how would it compare? Huh? What does that have to do with anything? Your gain isn't a volume knob, you don't just choose a number and set it there. The gain knob is to match the voltage that your head unit is sending to your amp. The only proper way to set it is with an o-scope or a dd-1. You can try by ear but it isn't recommended, there is also the dmm route but it didn't work for me. On another note the SA's will do fine on that power and peope that know what they are doing are in the 150's all day with them. Doesn't mean any of us will be, I'm just sayin. But the low-mid 30's would be a low goal for the set up id say. Tbh I thought it was a overal power knob for example 2k instead of 2500
StrongmanDesigns Posted October 18, 2011 Report Posted October 18, 2011 no sir, not a volume knob and definitely does not dictate how much power your amp is going to put out.
nismo923 Posted October 18, 2011 Report Posted October 18, 2011 Yeh I'm going to run gain at lol 85% but compared to 1 btl how would it compare? But the low-mid 30's would be a low goal for the set up id say. I think he meant low to mid 30's for tuning. "If you're new. Stay away from 4000 watts please." C-Fizzy
pitbullninja Posted October 18, 2011 Author Report Posted October 18, 2011 Yeh I'm going to run gain at lol 85% but compared to 1 btl how would it compare? But the low-mid 30's would be a low goal for the set up id say. I think he meant low to mid 30's for tuning. Yeah I was saying tuning
pitbullninja Posted October 18, 2011 Author Report Posted October 18, 2011 I'm not going for spl but I do want it to slam
jojo42 Posted October 18, 2011 Report Posted October 18, 2011 99% of amps put out most of their power with the gains only like a 3rd of the way up.... Unless your going to use a o-scope or pay a shop to correctly tune your amp, don't waste your time buying a BTL or some other big sub you plan to stick all this power on, specially with only 1 extra batt and no other electrical upgrades. Your gonna blow that sub in no time. Save more, get a new alt, a real batt, then think about trying to run 2,500 rms to a sub. 2012 Ford Ranger: Build comming soon! Kenwood DNX-6160 DC 175.4 2 sets of O2 AR63 3-way Comps
C-Fizzy Posted October 18, 2011 Report Posted October 18, 2011 ohgod. please learn more before you plan your build. under construction I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me. u hate c-fizzy?
jojo42 Posted October 18, 2011 Report Posted October 18, 2011 ohgod. please learn more before you plan your build. And knowing is half the battle!!!! G.I. Joe!!!!!!!!! 2012 Ford Ranger: Build comming soon! Kenwood DNX-6160 DC 175.4 2 sets of O2 AR63 3-way Comps
pitbullninja Posted October 18, 2011 Author Report Posted October 18, 2011 .... It can't be this hard to hook up a system. I don't want a professional one just a sa-15 or something.
C-Fizzy Posted October 18, 2011 Report Posted October 18, 2011 and you're gonna blow that sa-15 if you dont know how to properly set an amps gain. under construction I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me. u hate c-fizzy?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.