Second Skin Audio

Sub enclosure

DK99

I need help with a box. I have a 2000 cavalier with one 18 solo x. I would like to do a box that I can pull out if needed. I know the sub has to face up but I would like to face the ports back and this will be in the trunk. If anyone can help cause I have no idea how to design a box... Thanks

Hi SMD Members If anybody has computer problems and is an SMD member with at least 150 posts I will fix your problems for free by phone support or I can also fix your computer over the internet.... I have references such as All State insurance, Nationwide Insurance and much more... just p.m me for help.. I am not the greatest with when it comes to audio systems so I figured I could contribute to the forum this way.... Thanks David

measurements? and why does the sub have to face up?

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

measurements? and why does the sub have to face up?

My car is in the shop I will get measurements soon.. It has to face up because I cant face it any other way in my trunk.... it the square kicker solo x 18

Hi SMD Members If anybody has computer problems and is an SMD member with at least 150 posts I will fix your problems for free by phone support or I can also fix your computer over the internet.... I have references such as All State insurance, Nationwide Insurance and much more... just p.m me for help.. I am not the greatest with when it comes to audio systems so I figured I could contribute to the forum this way.... Thanks David

i'd be happy to make you a box, just need the measurements and what you want to tune it to.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

iirc that trunk only has about 17 inches of clearance in the trunnk, sub would have to face up to fit in trunk, for a cavalier tho(as an owner) do sub up port driver side, about a DB louder

468x60drc.jpg

Here are the measurements that will work... H-13in W-35in D-25in Im not sure what my car peeks at so tuning and port can be suggested and this is my current box it sucks

image_url-54974-1318545553.jpg

Drop the 18 and get something else. What kind of airspace are you dealing with? That sub is totally loading off the top of the trunk. If you went with something else(smaller) you could probably sound cleaner and louder.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Drop the 18 and get something else. What kind of airspace are you dealing with? That sub is totally loading off the top of the trunk. If you went with something else(smaller) you could probably sound cleaner and louder.

I don't have the funds to go smaller I got this sub cheap

I would like it to load to the back or side...

With the box I have now and a smaller amp I was hitting 139.2 and it does sound clean just want a better box...

Archived