Sundown Audio

Cant do these threads here

jmander11

I've only got a few kernels of knowledge, but Audiopipe amps are pretty reliable.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifiers/480303-audiopipe-ap1800d-gut-shots.html

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GT Click to see my build log!

(2) SKAR VVX-12

Hifonics Brutus BRZ2400.1D

Hey stupid. I got your report. You cant type a coherent sentence but yet think you can run this much power? You cant even hyperlink on the internet. You have no mention of power upgrades. You just want dat big boom dat make dem bitchez panteez drop. Next time you report someone make sure the one getting the report isnt the one you reported.

lol you can get an audioque 1200d for the same price as the SPL amp and they output the same power. when i had my audiopipe 1500, it made my woofers sound like shit (when compared to my aq 1200). when i bought the aq, i was amazed at how much better they sounded.

if you want a good amp, this is probably the best deal you're gonna have for an amp that actually outputs 2000w

http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Mono-Car-Amplifier/DB-DRIVE-PD2000.1-2000-WATT-RMS-PLATINUM-MONO-AMPLIFIER/PD2000.1+RB.aspx

I've only got a few kernels of knowledge, but Audiopipe amps are pretty reliable.http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifiers/480303-audiopipe-ap1800d-gut-shots.html

So they do rated power? So you're saying that they are decent and should last a while?

lol you can get an audioque 1200d for the same price as the SPL amp and they output the same power. when i had my audiopipe 1500, it made my woofers sound like shit (when compared to my aq 1200). when i bought the aq, i was amazed at how much better they sounded.if you want a good amp, this is probably the best deal you're gonna have for an amp that actually outputs 2000whttp://www.audiosavings.com/products/Mono-Car-Amplifier/DB-DRIVE-PD2000.1-2000-WATT-RMS-PLATINUM-MONO-AMPLIFIER/PD2000.1+RB.aspx

AQ1200D doesn't have enough power and AQ2200D is out of my price range. (I should also add I'm in Canada for shipping... hence ebay.ca)

I've never heard of that brand, is it decent? 1000 RMS isn't enough for 2 ohms though. (Sub is 1500 RMS 4 ohm DVC hooked up 2 ohms)

Back to the SPL amp.... it's the ideal amp for me even if it's like 200-300 RMS overrated. I just need someone knowledgeable to enlighten me about it.

Look up -cj18- in the 4sale on here. he has a bigbang 2400.1 for sale for 285.00 that would be all the amp you would need.

Can't find specs on it... Sounds Planet Audio??? I'm also in Canada so shipping would be a hassle... Plus I'd prefer new.. Thanks for the suggestion though.

i love my ap1800 i also own the 1500d also ive ran bothn amps at 1/4 ohm daily

Holy SHIT .25 ohms? How do they handle that? (Or do you mean 1 and 4 ohms daily?) I'd be running it @ 2 ohms with my current setup, then down to 1 ohms with my next sub... How does it handle 1 ohm over extended periods of time?

Thanks for the replies, keep em coming. ;)

I've only got a few kernels of knowledge, but Audiopipe amps are pretty reliable.http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifiers/480303-audiopipe-ap1800d-gut-shots.html

So they do rated power? So you're saying that they are decent and should last a while?

they are okay. thats all you can say about them.

lol you can get an audioque 1200d for the same price as the SPL amp and they output the same power. when i had my audiopipe 1500, it made my woofers sound like shit (when compared to my aq 1200). when i bought the aq, i was amazed at how much better they sounded.if you want a good amp, this is probably the best deal you're gonna have for an amp that actually outputs 2000whttp://www.audiosavings.com/products/Mono-Car-Amplifier/DB-DRIVE-PD2000.1-2000-WATT-RMS-PLATINUM-MONO-AMPLIFIER/PD2000.1+RB.aspx

AQ1200D doesn't have enough power and AQ2200D is out of my price range. (I should also add I'm in Canada for shipping... hence ebay.ca)

I've never heard of that brand, is it decent? 1000 RMS isn't enough for 2 ohms though. (Sub is 1500 RMS 4 ohm DVC hooked up 2 ohms)

Back to the SPL amp.... it's the ideal amp for me even if it's like 200-300 RMS overrated. I just need someone knowledgeable to enlighten me about it.

aq 1200 outputs the SAME POWER as the spl amp. SAME. for the SAME price. notice how they have the same exact fusing? 120a vs 120a?

if the amp isnt powerful enough, get more money. the route you're going, you're gonna go with a cheap product that has a chance of blowing the fuck up on any day of the week. go with a reliable brand (read: save money) and it will last you MUCH longer.

i love my ap1800 i also own the 1500d also ive ran bothn amps at 1/4 ohm daily

Holy SHIT .25 ohms? How do they handle that? (Or do you mean 1 and 4 ohms daily?) I'd be running it @ 2 ohms with my current setup, then down to 1 ohms with my next sub... How does it handle 1 ohm over extended periods of time?

Thanks for the replies, keep em coming. ;)

its running cause of box rise.

did i mention that my ap1500 blew up on me when i was driving at night and shut my entire stereo off cause of undervoltage when in the process of blowing up cause it was essentially shorting out and dropping my volts down to 10. i drove home with the lights off at 9pm cause i was scared shitless that i fucked up my car.

i love my ap1800 i also own the 1500d also

ive ran bothn amps at 1/4 ohm daily

if you ran it to .25 on that electrical whats that say about how much power its really making.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Just my 2 cents.

I had the audioque 1200 as my fist amplifier on 2 kicker cvr in a big ported box.

Ran for almost a year and was great but then i decided to upgrade. In the meantime i bought an audiopipe 1500d for another truck i had and i only purchased it since it was getting good feedback on here. I hooked it up in the same truck with the 2 kicker cvr 15 and notice no loss in sound quality of my subs whatsoever, and it was slightly a little bit louder but no at all by much.

So my point is dont worry about the sq of the amp i had both the aq and the ap and i still have the ap in the other truck running hard for a year and a half now. Great amp in my opinion.

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31