Tank's Very Low Budget S10 Build Log

0 gauge installed and working. the stock wire was 10 gauge!!!! It's still dirty under the hood from the last time I went mudding

1020111608.jpg

1020111608a.jpg

Cool pick-up .

Where did you get your LED turn signal bulbs?

Ebay actually. go to the sylvania website to find out what bulbs you need and just search for them on ebay. like for my front turn signals I looked for 2057 amber led

Well now we jnow what not to get... Why didn't u just get parts express??

I was hoping to have higher quality ones for my power. These terminals are thick and really heavy like 1 pound each heavy. I ordered those because they were $10 online and the other ones I got that I soldered on were $9 local so I figured why not. it was only an extra dollar. and another problem is which I didnt pay attention too is the opening is only 5/16 to bolt it down.... really it was a fuckup on my part but still...

x2 plus take a look at your port area is too low (it has to be in the port area range)

Thanks for the info. I didn't know it had to be in that range

just for reference. that range given is an idea of what you should go. but when you learn more about box building and design youll know what range to use.

usually people go just a little more than that range specified. but its all about purpose. usually adding more port means moving more air. but can also lead to unloading if the box is not designed right. but good luck man! nice looking truck :drinks:

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

well I got my MDF all cut up and because I'm a dumbass and didnt think. my box is now only going to be 49in wide instead of 50 because I forgot something basic.... when your cutting multiple things out of 1 sheet of wood. cut the longer things first.... but ooh well I'm only losing .06 cf box is still going to be 1.75cf after displacement. going to start sanding and putting it together tomorrow. might need to go back and get some big gap filler though lol. some of my cuts are shitty because I have too short of arms and too big of a gut lol. just really hoping that my 2nd sub comes in tomorrow so i can finish this damn thing...

edit- oooh yeh and I forgot to mention. I went and picked up a couple more goodies for my truck today too. one of my buddies sold me a Lund windshield visor for $20 and gave me a rear sliding window for free :)and its already got like 25% tint on it

Nice truck, I own an 83 ext. cab. Since it is a short cab i also recommend doing a sealed enclosure. Those woofers should do good in there. When I first aquired my truck I did a pair of Boston 4x6 plates and 3 10's sealed off an alpine five channel. 4x6 are not the best if you are looking for any mid bass. I ended up putting in a 3-way cutting the door for a 6.5 and putting in kick panels (q logic) for a 4" and tweeter. Recently I changed it up and moved the 4" and tweeter to the stock 4x6 location on a custom baffle and upgraded to an 8" mid bass driver in the door.

I am selling the kick panels if your interested. They are cut for a 5.25 component set. Nice thing is you dont have to cut the ddors and you will have some great imaging. May be a low imaging stage but, better than the 4x6.

Good luck with the truck.

yeh I know the 4x6s aren't good for mids but they work for right now. Once I get some more cash and get a lil more brave I was actually thinking about cutting out the dash a lil bit and trying to stuff 5.25" in the stock 4x6 spot in the dash. and no sorry I cant do kick panels. I need all the leg room I can get. I'm not exactly the smallest person in the world and I'm already stuffing my fatass in a regular cab s10. plus I do go mudding and trail riding and my floors usually get covered in mud from me getting in and out. This is part of the reason I'm holding off from doing my door panels.

Not sure how different the dash components are from 83 to my 96, but they probably share some traits as ine were stock with 4x6s. This is what I did to fit 6.5's.

dea1631e.jpg

16cc4640.jpg

fc588610.jpg

a1839360.jpg

yeh one problem is the 86-93 s10s are more narrow than the later versions. idk how ill be able to fit speakers in but I'll figure out something. I want to find out some way to make them fit

the perfect size for a box in my truck is 49" just like you're making your box. I fit two twelve" level 3's ported behind my seats and hit 144.4 on 1500 rms. So good luck with your ventures.

Archived