A 'lil something for my bedroom

Who do you power the amp? With a computer power supply I presume?

Nope. Its the xls5000 found here http://www.crownaudio.com/amp_htm/xls.htm

Waste of money.. You can get a 1k power supply for 80

you do know it's not as simple as a 1kw PSU putting out 1kw, right? there's more to a PSU than that, it's not a "mono block" PSU

You take all the power wires and organize them together then striP the ends and twist them together

:glare:

An OP, the only thing I would change is absolutely nothing :lol: I wish I could do that kind of work. I'd start off building an enclosure and end up with a birdhouse or something. I suck at woodwork. Keep it up. :drinks:

formerly known as Jaylor Swift

Accidental post

1983 Bmw 320i 5 speed 251000 miles on it

Sundown SA-12d2

Big 3

Optima 75-25

Jensen hlx600 150x4 amp

Hifonics BRZ-1200.1D for sub in a 1.7ft^3 ~33hz ported box

Pioneer USB stereo

Bass knob integrated into old fading switch (Sneaky)

Lowered on H&R sport springs with bilstein sport shocks (2" drop and handles like a dream)

Leave him be. He's just talking shit and laying on his bathroom floor listening to Dashboard Confessional. Let nature take it's course and pump this chick in the butt. Let her know who's boss.

An OP, the only thing I would change is absolutely nothing :lol: I wish I could do that kind of work. I'd start off building an enclosure and end up with a birdhouse or something. I suck at woodwork. Keep it up. :drinks:

Thanks!

I know more about home audio then car, that's why I opened this thread

If that is the case... Then why are you suggesting that instead of getting a dedicated amp that runs perfectly from a 120v socket and can push 2kw no sweat - I find a cheap 1kw psu that will do at most 650 watts combined from the 12v rails, then go through the effort of cutting and splicing wires together to get something that at its peak will behave like a car with some voltage drop. Then on top of that, I have to get an amp to hook up to it.

Pitbull, I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you are trying to help: but I think we should agree to disagree. It seems we both have very different ways of doing things. Lets just leave it alone and each stick to our own ways of doing things :drinks:

Wow i sounded like a dick to you pitbull sorry. What i meant was the build thread was going smoothly until recently. A setup isn't only about cheapness, its also about having it look clean, and be solid for a decent price, not underpriced. In order for him to get the same amount of output as the crown, he would have to string almost 8 of them together, with 20+ wires each. Then on top of that he would have to find an amp. Im not saying psu's are bad, as im using 2 right now, its just not right for this build. Am i right snowy??

1983 Bmw 320i 5 speed 251000 miles on it

Sundown SA-12d2

Big 3

Optima 75-25

Jensen hlx600 150x4 amp

Hifonics BRZ-1200.1D for sub in a 1.7ft^3 ~33hz ported box

Pioneer USB stereo

Bass knob integrated into old fading switch (Sneaky)

Lowered on H&R sport springs with bilstein sport shocks (2" drop and handles like a dream)

Leave him be. He's just talking shit and laying on his bathroom floor listening to Dashboard Confessional. Let nature take it's course and pump this chick in the butt. Let her know who's boss.

Thanks!

I know more about home audio then car, that's why I opened this thread

If that is the case... Then why are you suggesting that instead of getting a dedicated amp that runs perfectly from a 120v socket and can push 2kw no sweat - I find a cheap 1kw psu that will do at most 650 watts combined from the 12v rails, then go through the effort of cutting and splicing wires together to get something that at its peak will behave like a car with some voltage drop. Then on top of that, I have to get an amp to hook up to it.

Pitbull, I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you are trying to help: but I think we should agree to disagree. It seems we both have very different ways of doing things. Lets just leave it alone and each stick to our own ways of doing things :drinks:

Ohhhh I thought you had to hook up an amp!!! Well damn your settup is better than what I was thinking :/ silly me

Archived