Second Skin Audio

blow thru style box

corteznewbie

I was always under the impression that a blow-through ment you we're joining the bed to the cab. And a walk-through was when you cut the entire back of the truck out and campershell.

The box is then designed to fit the hole and could be sealed, ported, band-passed what ever you just have to make it seal to the inside of the cab.

The pic of the box looks like it's a normal ported box with a clam shell complex. unless the hole in the back of the truck was that tall and wide then it gets a front piece of wood and tunneled into the cab and is choked down making it a band pass if the tunnel is used to tune it.

You could easily put one like it in the back of a jeep either way.

JVC AVX-44 and 360.2

Subs: 2 RF T1 12s 1ohm mono off a RF T1500bdcp 80hz \/ in a 2.3cube 45hz slot port

Mids: 2 O2 8's off a Punch 550.2 behind seat, 2 Image Cxs 6.5's and 2 ID XS 6x9s 80-3khz in doors on a T600.2

Highs: 2 ID CD.1 MH HLCD 8ohm off a RF 400.4 3khz /\

You can really go any direction you want with the box. The box you showed in the picture is a ported box with angled baffles. The angled baffles are questionable as to whether or not they provide a gain or not. If I had I jeep, I'd do port back subs back or port back subs up. Either that or a 4th order or a 6th order.

you really overly complicated this. IF you are trying to get fancy and build something besides a regular standard ported box etc you need to do alot of research. Right now you know so little that we can't even begin to help you figure out what it is you are trying to ask.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I was always under the impression that a blow-through ment you we're joining the bed to the cab. And a walk-through was when you cut the entire back of the truck out and campershell.

The box is then designed to fit the hole and could be sealed, ported, band-passed what ever you just have to make it seal to the inside of the cab.

The pic of the box looks like it's a normal ported box with a clam shell complex. unless the hole in the back of the truck was that tall and wide then it gets a front piece of wood and tunneled into the cab and is choked down making it a band pass if the tunnel is used to tune it.

You could easily put one like it in the back of a jeep either way.

This is my understanding as well. Blow thru and walk thru are exclusive designs to pick up trucks.

well i what i ment by style is the way its build looks wise. that pic is the first pic that came up on google search. the earlier in this thread i was told blow threw boxes were just ported boxes. then some one posted that blow threw boxes were 4th order.

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

techforce_teamdbs.gif

of course it is possible. but why a mini 6th order? why not a normal one?

i think you are getting "possible" and "will it sound good" confused..

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

thta would be some sort of tapped horn or maybe a sixth order. not the easiest to pull off.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

then just do it

personally i think itll look out of place in the back of a jeep but to each his own

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build