Sonic Electronix

Yeah knowing how much your willing to spend would help a bunch.Just saying that your not concerned with what you spend doesn't help us help you.

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

Okay, let's say I'll budget 2000 to building it. I have 4 gauge power wire and 4 gauge ground, and I also have some other wires including a set of RCAs. So let's not talk about prices of wires and stuff, because I know someone at an audio shop that hooks me up with that stuff for free anyhow.

Alpine, Kenwood, and Pioneer make good head units. My fave has always been Kenwood, and especially their eXcelon stuff. Do you want a single or double din head units? Also, if you're wanting to run any serious power, that 4 Gauge wire will be your limiting factor.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I was even looking at Clarion. The one I really want is like 2 grand though. I don't think I'll be getting it anytime soon, but it would be nice to have 4 volt pre amp outputs. 8 of them =) I want a double din unit. Factory is double din. And I thought 4 gauge was good to like 1000 rms, no? This isn't false 4 gauge that is more insulation than wire.

I have 5V preouts on my Kenwood double din. It's an eXcelon though, so it wasn't cheap. 4 gauge will go up to 1000 watts, but I wouldn't go much above that. When I installed my amp, I was melting fuses with my Fogate T1000, and I didnt trust 4 gauge wire. I was afraid once I put the correct amperage fuse in, that I'd run the risk of melting the insulation right off of the wire. It was Fosgate 4 gauge too, not some crap wire. I'd rather overkill wiring knowing it can handle the power, than have my truck catch fire(I like my truck very much). Those Clarion headunits aren't bad either, I've never run one personally, but I have played around with some of my buddies(no homo).

P.S. I know you're kind of set against it, but Mechman would make you an alt custom for your application. So it IS an option, albeit probably not a cheap option.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I have 5V preouts on my Kenwood double din. It's an eXcelon though, so it wasn't cheap. 4 gauge will go up to 1000 watts, but I wouldn't go much above that. When I installed my amp, I was melting fuses with my Fogate T1000, and I didnt trust 4 gauge wire. I was afraid once I put the correct amperage fuse in, that I'd run the risk of melting the insulation right off of the wire. It was Fosgate 4 gauge too, not some crap wire. I'd rather overkill wiring knowing it can handle the power, than have my truck catch fire(I like my truck very much). Those Clarion headunits aren't bad either, I've never run one personally, but I have played around with some of my buddies(no homo).

P.S. I know you're kind of set against it, but Mechman would make you an alt custom for your application. So it IS an option, albeit probably not a cheap option.

I'll look into it. Does your kenwood have 6 pre amp outputs? 3 channels, but L and R for each? I guess I can do 2 gauge or 1/0 gauge. I don't mind doing it either, I can get a hell of a deal on cable. And yes, I understand liking your truck very much. I love the two trucks and the Jeep (pretty much an SUV, that Jeep). Also want to add, I'm not against doing an upgraded alternator, it's just extra expense. I could do it, and the big 3 (I think I'm doing the Big 3 anyhow) and do a much better battery. Mechman could make one, DC COULD make one, they just never got back to me...

My HU has tons of pre-outs. Front L&R, center, Rear L&L, and sub preouts. And then there are 3 A/V inputs, 1 A/V output for video, and 1 for backup camera.

Ah, alright. That's pretty cool. I don't really need the ones that go to the factory wires for the speakers, because I don't want to mess with them. I just want to put the preamp outputs to amps and then power the speakers that way. What are your thoughts about my build? How far should I build it?

I've had a lot of small ideas, but nothing definitive. Is the forum dead?

:No: but nobody is online at this time

Build Under Construction

Head Unit = Kenwood DDX514

Amps = Kicker 750.1, Going to install Sundown 1500D v3 and Sundown 125.4

Battery = XS D3400

Wires = Kicker RCA's, 0 Gauge street wire and Stinger

Mids and Highs = Stock

Sub= Kicker L7 12"

Alternator = 220 Mechman

Sound Deadner= Fatmat and Stinger Road Kill

Archived