18 inch subs that don't take a lot of cubic feet to sound good?

Vooloco

Well if those sundowns are 1500 watts and they're 18s and the bl's are 15s at 1500 watts. The sundowns would be better right? What would the box be like for the sundowns?

no one can tell you which one will be 'better' unless they've used both. and even then, theres a chance where the quieter woofer will be louder in your car, and vice versa. but 18's are generally louder than 15's because, well, cone area is king. as far as box plans go, message one of the box builders on here like Ray or Ram Designs (there's a lot more but i cant think of any right now)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if those sundowns are 1500 watts and they're 18s and the bl's are 15s at 1500 watts. The sundowns would be better right? What would the box be like for the sundowns?

no one can tell you which one will be 'better' unless they've used both. and even then, theres a chance where the quieter woofer will be louder in your car, and vice versa. but 18's are generally louder than 15's because, well, cone area is king. as far as box plans go, message one of the box builders on here like Ray or Ram Designs (there's a lot more but i cant think of any right now)

How do I find them to message them?

click Members at the top. search for their name.

nevermind. not gonna be a dick

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

nevermind. not gonna be a dick

Was looking forward to it.

I got 2 18" DC XL's in a 11.9 cube gross box, 9.7 cubes net and they are sounding great and should take the high wattage i'm gonna give em when i'm finished with my build.

The XL's say 6 cubes per subs tho.

Yeah, the website says that. I am going to be running a lot of wattage later on and smaller than recommended is good for high wattage use. And like i said, they still sound great and have a lot of output right now on low power. And Rusty helped me with box specs with the space i had available, and he never said anything about my box being too small.

2000 zx2: Rebuild with 8 12s on a 10k underway!!

MY BUILD LOG

A single 15" in a proper enclosure will be much louder and sound better then an 18" in an enclosure that is to small. Simple as that.

If you can only fit 2 15"s properly then only do 2 15"s. Trying to squeeze 2 18"s will result in poor output and even worse sound.

A single 15" in a proper enclosure will be much louder and sound better then an 18" in an enclosure that is to small. Simple as that.

If you can only fit 2 15"s properly then only do 2 15"s. Trying to squeeze 2 18"s will result in poor output and even worse sound.

Yeah, It's looking like I can't do 2 18 bl's, but it's sounding like sundown Nightshade 18's would go in a much smaller box and sound as good.

Archived