Second Skin Audio

Hifonic hfi 12s

pitbullninja

Obby 15 it is???

Are you saying thats what your gonna get?

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Obby 15 it is???

obsidian audio, definitely. 15" only if you're COMPLETELY sure you'll be able to fit a box for a 15 in there. otherwise you'd be safe with 12's.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Obby 15 it is???

Are you saying thats what your gonna get?

Cheaper than 2 12s and prolly louder

cone area is king, sir. therefore provided the same power and optimal box conditions 2 12's>1 15

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

id get a sa 15 they are on sale i believe and it would take that 1k all day.

also 2 12 would be louder if you had enough power to throw at them but if you only have 1k id say go with the 15 it would be cheaper anyway.

*current*

1991 honda crx si

2 skar audio 12s

pioneer 6.5s

dual 400 watt amp

audio technix

db 1/0 wiring kit.

dual head unit

The original comparison... The Type R isn't even in the same room as the Hifonics subs. The Type R would take more than double it's rms daily.

Secondly, as far as theory goes, two 12"s have more cone area than a single 15". Theoretically, the two 12"s would be louder given that both are in their ideal enclosures. You would need around 3.0^ft for either.

Then again, two 12"s would require you paying for two motors making your costs go up. And from the sounds of things, you might need help with your enclosure and with having multiple subs I see you possibly running into unloading issues or things of that matter. If you're on a budget of course you're not going to want to pay for a design.

I'd say to get a single 15" over two 12"s. Simple wiring. Worry about one driver. And besides, loud single sub setups are way cooler. :peepwall:

101_1138.jpg

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

You shittin me?

okay dude i'm not trying to be mean here, but this has gone on A LOT longer than it should have. you neeeeed to be more patient dude. you asked for suggestions and that's what we gave you, our opinions. but it seems like every time somebody makes a suggestion here you immediately jump on it. you're not going to get the forum to agree on a woofer. i've never seen somebody change their mind so much.

at this point i think you just need to make a decision or sit back an learn. and by learn i don't mean make threads like this asking people what you should get. i mean learn how the whole system works. we can talk products all day and get nowhere. instead of asking what a good sub is, ask what goes into making a subwoofer, what makes a subwoofer good. those questions will help you to better make your own decisions. people won't be able to pull the wool over your eyes so to speak.

we're reeeeally trying to be helpful here, but we really can't with these kinds of questions. i know you're excited to get a system in your car, hell i know the feeling bro. it's hard to resist that impulse, but trust me the wait is worth it. once you know what's what, you will spend your money better instead of throwing it away on hype and making stupid mistakes.

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

^^^^ Sit everything down, close all open windows on your computer except for this one, pause your music, put down the sandwich and read this.

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

Archived