Sonic Electronix

when sound deadening doors ...

When sound deadening doors do I need to seal the access hole to inside the doors for good sound squality or will the door panel seal it ok ?

I'd seal it with deadener. Guys say that sealing that up will actually raise your db by like .5db.

I think the difference is sq will also be noticable. Just seal it up IMO.

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon Pioneer 9400BH Fi Q 15, SAZ1500dV3

The first build>>> http://www.stevemead...-outback-build/

140.9 @ 36hz Sealed on dash!

REBUILT!!! 2 Fi Q 15s, 2 SAZ1500dv3 146.9 @ 39hz dBDRA certified

Here is my take on sealing the access holes.

Sound deadening (whatever brand) is too flimsy to be a good sealant and I think it's actually a waste of product because what is it deadening? These products are meant to be installed on sheet metal, not over holes.

If you want to seal the access panels I would suggest covering the access holes (or even the entire door) with some mass loaded vinyl (such as our Luxury Liner or Luxury Liner Pro) because not only will this be better than using sound deadening, you get the added benefit of the noise blocking capabilities of the MLV.

Don't go the route of adding metal flashing. The results are not much, if any, better than leaving the access holes uncovered.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Or maybe I will order some regular luxury liner so cover entire door ! If I don't have enough luxury liner pro but I thing the pro might be a little to thick we shal see

Archived