Second Skin Audio

some support with box?

KenC210

and what is with the port tuning why would some people put it at 32 and some people go higher?

different tastes in music. different preferences, etc. if you listen to Decaf and similar stuff, probably want to tune it lower.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

what vehicle is this going in?

Its going in a 2007 ford escape... Here is the link to the first sub box i built... its currently in the truck now till i build this one for the aq subs

th_DSCN2652.jpg

as you can tell from that box its not that great and the paint covers a lot of the mistakes. however i learned from it though and this time around i want it perfect

edit: not to mention some bondo in places where cuts werent even, was doing this box in a hurry next time i wont rush at all

i see you've got some cadence midbass speakers there. how do you like them? they were really cheap on audiosavings and i'm tempted to get some

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

i see you've got some cadence midbass speakers there. how do you like them? they were really cheap on audiosavings and i'm tempted to get some

They are not that bad though i need to get more power to them. right now i may only have about 80wrms or less to them. as soon as i get me this box built i will look into getting another amp.

So i decided i was going to change the original design... also the specs are a little different...

boxSpecs.jpg

SubBox1.jpg

The middle where it seems open would be where i plan to put the plexi, or lexan. so what i would like to know if this is a good design that will be loud or should dimensions change? How should i put my bracing and how would i calculate it? Should i put 45's if so where?

Archived