Would this mid/high configuration sound awkward?

jojo42

I have a 2011 Ranger XLT and I was curious if I stuck 1 8" midbass per door then put 4-6 6.5s in the C-pillars of the truck would this retain SQ because the tweets/mids are fairly close to the back of my head or would it sound off with the midbass up front and the treble behind me? Also would it sound better if I did this but moved the tweeters up front?

2012 Ford Ranger:

Build comming soon!

• Kenwood DNX-6160
  • DC 175.4
  • 2 sets of O2 AR63 3-way Comps

There's no need for all the speakers to be behind you that isn't where your at. You need place the speakers where your at to get the best sq . To fit an eight in the door requires some sort of modification so might as well put the eight and four 6.5's in the doors

yes youre gonna want the sound coming at your face not the back of your head lol for best staging its recommended to have a nice front stage and SOME rear fill will be alright

SQ is all about realistic and accurate reproduction. You want to make it seem as if you are at the concert, or in the studio with them. The band is ALWAYS in front of you. That is where you want your music to come from. You want it to be focused at the right height (about your ear level) and sound like it's coming from farther away than your hood and side mirrors. You cannot accomplish that with speakers in the back. If you set up your front stage right, you will not even notice that there are no rear speakers.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

okay thanks, ill just get a set of 4.25s and put them in the a-pillars then put a 8" and 6.5" per door.

ditch the 6.5". your 8" should be able to play up to 500hz and a 4" should play down to that pretty easy. no use for another sized speaker. just as an example; midbass in my car is crossed over at 80-200hz, in the doors. 4" on dash crossed 200hz-6000hz. tweet on dash taking 6000hz and up.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Why is everybody trying to use 50+ speakers for SQ?

98 Chevy Blazer 4 Door

Stock Everything

The New Setup

1 - Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD

1- Pioneer DEH-80PRS

2 - Blues Audio 5.25 Mids ( On the dash )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0C Components ( In the front doors )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0 Woofers ( In the rear doors )

1 - Linear Power 952 ( Dash )

1 - Linear Power 2202IQ Modified ( Components )

1 - Linear Power 3002 ( Rear Doors )

1 - SoundStream XBP-10 Processor

1 - SoundStream BX-20Z

2 - SoundStream DTR1.3400D

4 - RE Audio SX12D4

241543L22m9xYv.gif

Archived