2001 Ford Explorer Sport Build!

Here are a few pics of what I did today. I'm lazy and didn't get much done.

Couple shots of the wire reducers and the small amount of fab work I had to do with a grinder to get them to fit just right.

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

Short ground wire. I can't commit to doing a straight to frame ground just yet. That and I don't have the tools to do it.

IMG_0206.jpg

Pointless shot of the engine bay/wires. You can skip it if you want. It won't hurt my feelings.

IMG_0205.jpg

Couldn't work very well with the box in there so I moved it out. My back hurts from being scrunched over though.

IMG_0204.jpg

Quick shot of one of the schmexy subs. My box looks so bad.

IMG_0209.jpg

All done. Wiring looks MUCH better now. IMO of course.

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

Well that is all for now. Told ya it wasn't much. Let me know how it looks and let me know if yall have any tips/suggestions. My ears are open to learn lol. :noob:

my only recommendation would be some tape around the reducers, theyre awfully close and you would hate to have some random thing happen and have them touch. that could potentially kill your amp. otherwise great build man! your boxes will get better. i wouldnt even show my first box to anyone these days....

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

my only recommendation would be some tape around the reducers, theyre awfully close and you would hate to have some random thing happen and have them touch. that could potentially kill your amp. otherwise great build man! your boxes will get better. i wouldnt even show my first box to anyone these days....

Check your PMs

Sorry for the thread jack OP...

The build looks good. Nice and clean wiring. :drinks:

01 2dr ExploderBuild log2 18" DC Level 6's (M3's)DC 10k5 XS d3100's, DC 390 alt100' shok ofc cable

Team ShokTEAM SUB SONIC ADDICTION

Check your PMs

Sorry for the thread jack OP...

The build looks good. Nice and clean wiring. :drinks:

No problem man. I'm not too picky on what happens on this thread. Just here to learn as much as I can.

And I appreciate the comment!

Yeah they touched when everything was off and scared me so bad lol. Tape has been put on now so that shouldn't happen again....hopefully. And I'm hoping my next box will be a 100% improvement over this one. But it will be a while until I can get to building another one. The baby is almost here! So money is SUUUPER tight at the moment. But that just gives me time to think of ideas.. :ninja:

• 4 weeks later...

No love?? That makes me really sad. :(

No updates except that I found my AQ sticker and put it on my car. :P

Possibly buying some new Dayton Audio Designer Series 5" speakers though. Crossing my fingers on what the girly friend says lol.

Also! Had a baby shower this past weekend and got so much stuff it's not even funny. My future audiophile is due next month so things are getting CRAZYYY! Got another babyshower soon and hopefully getting a ton of clothes.

Anyway!

Peace out for now bruthas!

Archived