2001 Ford Explorer Sport Build!

First off, here is the "1/0" wire that I got from Install Bay. The outside circumference is barely the same size of the terminal. Yuck.

IMG_0163.jpg

Here are my goodies I got from Darvex the other day. Ring terminals, distro block for the 1/0 wire and 0 gauge to 4 gauge wire reducers. Had to do some fabrication because my amp only accepts 6 guage max. 1/0 might be over kill but there is no such thing as over doing electrical. Right?

IMG_0164.jpgIMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

And here are a couple pics of the ride/door panel.

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

And I made a makeshift "amp rack" because the way the terminals on the amp are angled the wire reducers would not fit on correctly. I need to do it on the other side as well now.

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

Really like the build, man! And as soon as I read "intended spot" for that EQ, i knew it was gonna be that slot under the H/U hehe.

And that box looks incredibly tall for 25''. I was thinking of putting my max height at 28, but again, I'm off to see what i can squeeze in there.

Thanks brotha! Yeah I think it's because I didn't go as wide as I should have. I wish I had the time/money/equipment to build a new box tuned much lower. Got a link to your build??

Sadly I most likely won't have a build log up and going for another month or so :cray:

But the plan is hdc3 15's in around 8.5 cuft, but the amp rack I'm fabbing up after i get my batteries are going to cut the depth quite a bit, honestly I always thought there was more space back there, until the actual start of figuring the dimensions of everything!

Nice build! especially for your first, I think we can all appreciate the family first mentality, Thats where it all starts :P until you get to this

94463803.jpg

That is drugbans explorer from team sundown russia, hitting 159`s ^ ^

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/108066-team-sundown-russia-ford-explorer-4-18s-walled/

Figured you might want to see it if you havent already.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Nice build! especially for your first, I think we can all appreciate the family first mentality, Thats where it all starts :P until you get to this

94463803.jpg

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/108066-team-sundown-russia-ford-explorer-4-18s-walled/

That's a 4dr it has a lot more room then the 2dr's. I would be nice to have the extra room to work with cause these 2dr's have no room at all.

01 2dr ExploderBuild log2 18" DC Level 6's (M3's)DC 10k5 XS d3100's, DC 390 alt100' shok ofc cable

Team ShokTEAM SUB SONIC ADDICTION

Really like the build, man! And as soon as I read "intended spot" for that EQ, i knew it was gonna be that slot under the H/U hehe.

And that box looks incredibly tall for 25''. I was thinking of putting my max height at 28, but again, I'm off to see what i can squeeze in there.

Thanks brotha! Yeah I think it's because I didn't go as wide as I should have. I wish I had the time/money/equipment to build a new box tuned much lower. Got a link to your build??

Sadly I most likely won't have a build log up and going for another month or so :cray:

But the plan is hdc3 15's in around 8.5 cuft, but the amp rack I'm fabbing up after i get my batteries are going to cut the depth quite a bit, honestly I always thought there was more space back there, until the actual start of figuring the dimensions of everything!

Same here! When I was looking at it, it seemed so much bigger. Then I got to working on it and realized it was gonna be tight lol. I'm looking forward to seeing what you put together. I may have to steal some ideas lol. :ninja:

94463803.jpg

http://www.stevemead...r-4-18s-walled/

In my dreams! Hopefully when I get older....much older...and have more experience under my belt.....MUCH more experience I can try something like that lol. (That will probably never happen though) And there is no where close at all around here to compete. Which really sucks because I would love to just to experience it and get some demos of actually loud vehicles. Arkansas sucks.

I was a very happy man when this came in the mail.

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

Old Vs. New

IMG_0178.jpg

Doin it right! It took me a few tries but I got the hang of it.

IMG_0183.jpgIMG_0186.jpg

Of course I had to do the BIG 3 first! Chassis ground.

IMG_0187.jpg

Engine Block ground.

IMG_0188.jpg

Positive run to alternator.

IMG_0189.jpg

Hopefully getting more done this weekend. Doing a couple of runs back for the amp. Just a small update but I know how everyone on here likes pics lol. Until next time! :)

Hehe, feel free to steal anything you'd like, it'll be a compliment in my book. Like I'm definitely stealing Sicco's wire routing idea from his DC build log :ninja:

And that wire is SEXY! It's also a pain going from the battery to the alternator under the intake if that's what ya did, purdy tight squeeze.

Hehe, feel free to steal anything you'd like, it'll be a compliment in my book. Like I'm definitely stealing Sicco's wire routing idea from his DC build log :ninja:

And that wire is SEXY! It's also a pain going from the battery to the alternator under the intake if that's what ya did, purdy tight squeeze.

Hahaha thanks man! Knu has some pretty great stuff for sure. Hopefully I have enough to do a couple of runs to the sub amp. If not, well it is a HUGE upgrade than what I had before lol. I guess we'll find out. Be watchin for more pics this weekend!

Archived