Second Skin Audio

solo x 18" removal

DK99

na dude im sure its like any other sub

Dont comment on something the you obviously have no damn clue about.

OP-

Take the 4 nuts off of the 4 corners first. Then take out the 8 bolts. Now remove the cone(spair). Yes for those of you commenting without knowing what the hell you are talking about, the solo x has a removable cone assembly.

Once you have the cone assembly out you can now take out the 4 bolts left in the corners. After these are out you will have to drop the back plate down off the sub into the box and you will now be able to lift the basket and motor out of the box.

is it for security reasons or did they build it like that just to be a hassle?

to my knowledge they built it so you can recone it real easy no glue and the other hassles of a recone

Hi SMD Members If anybody has computer problems and is an SMD member with at least 150 posts I will fix your problems for free by phone support or I can also fix your computer over the internet.... I have references such as All State insurance, Nationwide Insurance and much more... just p.m me for help.. I am not the greatest with when it comes to audio systems so I figured I could contribute to the forum this way.... Thanks David

i get that, but to have to disassemble it to unmount(and mount?) it? thats just a little much.

It's worth it on a competition day if you blow the sub up you can swap out the cone.

Hi SMD Members If anybody has computer problems and is an SMD member with at least 150 posts I will fix your problems for free by phone support or I can also fix your computer over the internet.... I have references such as All State insurance, Nationwide Insurance and much more... just p.m me for help.. I am not the greatest with when it comes to audio systems so I figured I could contribute to the forum this way.... Thanks David

OP-

Take the 4 nuts off of the 4 corners first. Then take out the 8 bolts. Now remove the cone(spair). Yes for those of you commenting without knowing what the hell you are talking about, the solo x has a removable cone assembly.

Once you have the cone assembly out you can now take out the 4 bolts left in the corners. After these are out you will have to drop the back plate down off the sub into the box and you will now be able to lift the basket and motor out of the box.

...Busted>>> i had no idea u r right(ha shame on u one step closer to 18+ thanks

Red light rev ya engines..light goes green u take off, petal to the floor.I take it slow but some how seem to catch up with u at he next red.So u think u can do it again.light goes green you stall..i put my foot down just to show u what fast really looks like :)

OP-

...Busted>>> i had no idea u r right(ha shame on u one step closer to 18+ thanks

jusy kuz you get to 300 posts dosent mean that you will get into 18+.you do know that if a mod or admin feels your spamming they can reset your post count.just letting you know bro

xbox 360 gamertag-greenrocks420

Not insulting you or anything, but did you just call us "bloody winging fairies" ?

you also have to be somewhat mature to be in the 18+ section.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

i get that, but to have to disassemble it to unmount(and mount?) it? thats just a little much.

It's very simple to remove and replace the cone assembly, no alignment needed, just slides in.

I wish all woofers were like this.

Not quite. You have to make sure you tighten the bolts evenly or you will get coil rub. I had this problem with mine.

very good info. i did not know that :good:

Build Under Construction

Head Unit = Kenwood DDX514

Amps = Kicker 750.1, Going to install Sundown 1500D v3 and Sundown 125.4

Battery = XS D3400

Wires = Kicker RCA's, 0 Gauge street wire and Stinger

Mids and Highs = Stock

Sub= Kicker L7 12"

Alternator = 220 Mechman

Sound Deadner= Fatmat and Stinger Road Kill

Archived