Is there an easy way to turn on my power outlet with a switch of some sort? Something cheap?

Is there an easy way to turn on my power outlet with a switch of some sort? Something cheap?

Wire a switch to the power outlet? :shrug:

Exactly. That's the part I am wondering about

Power strip?:pardon:

It's on one right now. But I would like to clean it up a bit, hide the power strip, and have a switch next to where I am sitting since the amp is across the room

I had this thing my mom got me from Wally world a couple years ago where a little module plugged into your outlet, also had a nightlight but it had a wireless "wall switch" which you could keep right next to you, or even in another room that would allow you to turn that particular outlet and anything plugged into it on and off.

First System

2002 Impala LS 3.8L V6, 128,365k miles.

Alternator: DC Power 190Amp H/O Alternator

Headunit: Kenwood KDC-BT945U.

Speakers: MBQuart 6.5" Comps, 6x9 3-way.

Amplifer: Eclipse 3322 on front 6.5 components, and a Infinity Kappa One @ 2ohm- 800w

Subwoofers: 2 REAudio SRX12D2 wired to 2 ohm.

Box: 3.1cuft box tuned to 33hz. sealed off to cabin

Big 3- done with all Knukonceptz KCA 0 gauge.

Don't drop below 14.1v at full tilt. :)

I had this thing my mom got me from Wally world a couple years ago where a little module plugged into your outlet, also had a nightlight but it had a wireless "wall switch" which you could keep right next to you, or even in another room that would allow you to turn that particular outlet and anything plugged into it on and off.

Since im guessing your having an amp in your room I have an adapter that has 12V+ and get the + from a speaker and once it recieves the signal from the speaker it sends out the remote turn on...15 shipped!

Last xmas I bought an AC distribution block with a wireless remote. Used it to turn on xmas lights on my patio.

Got it at Target.

Its basically a power strip with a wireless remote.

Pretty handy. It was weather proof too (if that matters). :shrug:

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Power strip?:pardon:

It's on one right now. But I would like to clean it up a bit, hide the power strip, and have a switch next to where I am sitting since the amp is across the room

Ahhhh. Yeah like said, You can get these lamp like turn on's, That have wireless remotes. They would work great. Walmart, Target, or along those lines would have one.

Something like this? http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=17101312&findingMethod=rr

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*

*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*