XS D3100 up front
Northstar SMS AGM 400 in the back
All XS Power 0ga OFC
240a Apex h/o alternator
Pioneer AVH-X2500BT HU
Dual 0ga runs from the alt to battery
Dual 0ga runs from battery to amp

they will work.

an actual passive crossover is better, but active crossover is even better yet.

but for just a band aid they will work okay.

What tweeters are you using tho?

Depending on the brand/model tweeter they may need a different crossover point.

These filters you are looking at will only block frequencies below 2800hz if your tweeters are 4ohm, and 1400hz if your tweeters are 8ohms.

Again depending on the brand/model of the tweeter 1400hz may not be a high enough frequancy and could still damage the tweeters since they may not be crossed over high enough.

they will work.

an actual passive crossover is better, but active crossover is even better yet.

but for just a band aid they will work okay.

What tweeters are you using tho?

Depending on the brand/model tweeter they may need a different crossover point.

These filters you are looking at will only block frequencies below 2800hz if your tweeters are 4ohm, and 1400hz if your tweeters are 8ohms.

Again depending on the brand/model of the tweeter 1400hz may not be a high enough frequancy and could still damage the tweeters since they may not be crossed over high enough.

i have these http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_m14_i32_alpine-tweeters.html

Where would i get an active crossover, im alittle broke atm too, someone told me i dont want my tweeters to pick up below 2k or even up to 4k

Edited by Krazykid122

02 Dodge Durango

1 Fi SP4 18" .v2
Sundown SCV3k @.5 Ohms
XS D3100 up front
All XS Power 0ga OFC
240a Apex h/o alternator
Pioneer AVH-X2500BT HU

Where would i get an active crossover, im alittle broke atm too, someone told me i dont want my tweeters to pick up below 2k or even up to 4k

Going active is expensive. lol

You need amps to run the speakers from, then a processor of some sort, like the rockford fosgate 360.2 or 360.3,Alpine Imprint, Audison Bit1 or bit10, and so many more other brands. but it gets expensive!

If you check the specs of the tweeters you have, you will see the frequency response for the tweeters are 5,000 Hz - 22,000 Hz, and the bass blockers you linked only block 2800hz and lower at 4 ohms. Meaning there will be a big gap of frequency that can still get thru and damage the tweeters since the tweeters response is only 5000hz and up.

you would want to go with these bassblockers to protect the tweeters the best.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_24358_PAC-BB-6PR-Black.html

someone told me i dont want my tweeters to pick up below 2k or even up to 4k

well whoever told you that is wrong...

since those tweeters will not pick up until 5k hz, so 2k or even up to 4k is still damaging to them. You need to have them crossed over at 5k hz and up or else they will very easily go POOOF!

Every tweeter is different and will play different frequencies, some tweeters can play 1500-2000hz and up while others cant. Which is why I asked what tweeters you are trying to cross over, so we can get you the correct bass-blockers needed so the tweeters do not blow :D

Edited by Audiofanaticz

Going active is expensive. lol

You need amps to run the speakers from, then a processor of some sort, like the rockford fosgate 360.2 or 360.3,Alpine Imprint, Audison Bit1 or bit10, and so many more other brands. but it gets expensive!

If you check the specs of the tweeters you have, you will see the frequency response for the tweeters are 5,000 Hz - 22,000 Hz, and the bass blockers you linked only block 2800hz and lower at 4 ohms. Meaning there will be a big gap of frequency that can still get thru and damage the tweeters since the tweeters response is only 5000hz and up.

you would want to go with these bassblockers to protect the tweeters the best.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_24358_PAC-BB-6PR-Black.html

sweeeet. ill probably get those, would you be able to tell my why bass blockers arent as good? ive been playing the stereo without them, my tweeters still work i just hope i didnt fuck them up to bad already :(

Edited by Krazykid122

02 Dodge Durango

1 Fi SP4 18" .v2
Sundown SCV3k @.5 Ohms
XS D3100 up front
All XS Power 0ga OFC
240a Apex h/o alternator
Pioneer AVH-X2500BT HU

its not that they are not good, they are just a band-aid to a stereo.

You are only limited to certain frequencies that will pass thru them, where as with an active crossover you can fine tune the sound and get a nicer crisp warm sound from your speakers. You have way more control. with bassblockers, you just get what you get without any way to shape the sound to your desired liking.

edit:

as for passive crossovers (crossover networks that come with component sets typically) they allow the user to shape the sound a little more for their liking. Say if the tweeter is to "bright" and harsh on the ears, most quality crossovers will offer some sort of jumpers inside and you can move the pins to change some settings to make the tweeters not as harsh sounding. As well some of the crossovers allow you to "bi-amp" the crossovers meaning putting 2 amplifire channels into the one crossover (1 channel for the midrange speaker, and 1 channel for the tweeter), but this is usually only on the higher cost components.

But back to the bass blockers. They are a inefficient way to cross over the speakers. All your buying is a Resistor in some sort of heat shrink tubing with a logo on it and 2 pieces of wire coming out it. These are the the same kind of resistors you find on 2way and 3way coaxle style speakers.

While the resistors do work to crossover a speaker they take power away from the speaker, and also can blow the resistor if you send them too much power.

If bassblockers where the correct way to crossover a speaker/tweeter, than the component crossover networks would not be so much more advanced than just a simple resistor.

:drinks:

Edited by Audiofanaticz