Second Skin Audio

Ideas for LVL 6 12

OrionStang

Can't take off depth when the sub has a mounting depth of 12" and I need to account for port width.

Here is some measurements. You can see from the lip it is 31", BUT as you drop the box in, it goes down to 28". Now because of the step over the axle, thats as much room as I have for width. Once you drop the box in, the end inside the car has to be lifted over the hump so the box can rotate 90 degrees. The box can be no taller than 13" or it hits the top of the trunk, at the base of the rear window, as it slides in. It can be no shorter than 13", because I am using a 12" sub. I shouldn't have to explain myself, its my car, i've measured it. That's why I would welcome the dimensions of the 4cube box Ray said he slid in, so I can mock it up in cardboard and try it. I would love a bigger box, but here is what I got.

DSC00631.jpg

DSC00632.jpg

DSC00633.jpg

DSC00634.jpg

DSC00635.jpg

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

man that sucks your trunk is like that. i remember my first system was 3 12's in a prefab and it went into my accord trunk so easy. it just sucks you have such a hard time with a single 12 box.

edit: hell in the accord i could have had the system and a couple bodys in the trunk with it lmao

I feel sorry for your trunk lid and for my back already :( It's going to be fun to build. If needed to build in trunk I have a Pocket hole jig to build in trunk.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

I feel sorry for your trunk lid and for my back already :( It's going to be fun to build. If needed to build in trunk I have a Pocket hole jig to build in trunk.

We could build in there, but we'd have to figure out something for battery access. And i would have to be sub up/port back. Because once the box is in, there is not going to be room to get the sub in from the back, its too tall. We need a planning day, lol.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

lol yes we do, and like I said before you're paying for my chiropractic bill. lol

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

it slides in thru the front man..

box was like 32" deep

ill have to look for the exact size.. its saved somewhere

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Archived