Did you torque the plenum according to FSM (torque value and sequence)? And yes, the cat can cause it to stall and run like crap. You might pull the plugs and see waht they look like as well. May have buildup from seafoaming. Just guessing. If it is manufacturer's defect you can claim it. Contact an expert lemon law attorney in your state.

Edited by molemonlaw

Sounds kinda like what my envoy had earlier this year. Mine had a bad throttle body (shouldnt apply to yours, im sure yours is a throttle body which connects to your gas pedal through a cable, not electronic like mine), clogged fuel filter, old spark plugs, bad smog pump, and a clogged catalytic converter.

What you can do is attempt to bypass your fuel pump on the vehicle and get some fuel injector/fuel like in this video

and see if the truck can run off it at all. If you have a mechanic nearby see if they can test the fuel pressure in your fuel rail going into the engine. It could be that maybe your pump is on its way out and is cutting in and out or not providing enough pressure to supply the engine with enough fuel.

Did you happen to get fuel recently for your engine? Last year i got fuel at a grocery store near my house and their gas is pure crap and my old car i had wouldnt run worth a shit until i bled the system out completely and put in good gas for it.

What id do to troubleshoot it would be to take the air filter/air dam off the engine and leave it so its just the throttle body on the engine. I would then ensure that all the spark plugs on the engine are firing to ensure your distributor/coil pack isnt going bad, then id see if you can get it to start up and rev it slowly while someone sprays some carburetor cleaner inside the throttle body (be careful doing this to prevent any sparks or overspray that may cause a fire) and see how it goes. It sounds to me like either your fuel lines/rail is clogged on the truck and needs to be cleaned out or replaced or that your fuel pump isnt putting out enough pressure to run the truck at high rpm's.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress