I have a 99 yukon with 214,xxx miles just recently it started running bad.on Friday it was running bad so I stopped at a friends and after it wouldn't start, I noticed that my fuel gauge read past full. So I got towed to my house and when I got home it started right up but it wouldn't go pass 3000rpm even with me flooring it. When it would hit 3000rpm it would bogg out and drop to 2000rpm then right back to 3000rpm and then back to 2000rpm and so on, at the same time it would bogg out my fuel gauge would shoot to full then drop back to 1/4 tank

So I thought I was having a bad fuel pump so first I swapped the fuel relay and the fuel filter and the problem was still their. All this was on friday, the next day it would only run for a few seconds and shut of so I went ahead and swaped the fuel pump with a delphi fuel pump

Well today I finished everything and its still only running for a few seconds before it shuts off the only thing I can think of is the fuel pressure regulator

What else could it be? Any help is greatly appreciated

P.S. sorry for the long post just really despret for help and also I'm on mobile so sorry for any misspelled words

Alpine 9884

RF T2 comp set up front

The Epicenter

2x RF T10001bd

2x Sundown sa-15 t-line

Big 3

Smd DD-1

First thing i would do, have a code reader put on the Ecu. I'd guess either your fuel pump wiring circut has a problem, your injectors are bad, you need an o2 sensor (just put one in my grandfather suburban) or your ECU is reading something wrong and need to be re-flashed.

Edit: also, you could buy a can of MAF cleaner and clean the mass air flow sensor. It might not be the problem, but at that many miles, it would at least need to be cleaned, if not replaced.

Edited by SkylarDunn

Getting bass into the cabin of a W124 mercedes is impossible.

Current setup:

Temp 1999 panasonic HU

rockford 300.2 for fronts

rockford 200.2 for rears

rockford 400.1 for sub

Leaning towards a 8" in an exponential horn

DAMN YOU GERMANS AND YOUR 5" SPEAKERS!

when was the last time you gave it a tuneup? when was the last time you put fuel system cleaner in it? go get a bottle of Seafoam and dump it in your tank then go fill up. let the truck sit overnight to dissolve all the shit in your fuel system start up your truck in the morning and let it run for a lil while. see if it runs better.

is your check engine light on if not a code reader want help also do you have a fuel pressure gauge? and try unpluging the mass air flow metter and see how it runs when you unplug a elctronic seanser or any thing your ecu goes into a limp mode so you can get it to a shop but it will run beter with a bad part unpluged than reading a bad part

SKAR_728x90-2.jpg

when was the last time you gave it a tuneup? when was the last time you put fuel system cleaner in it? go get a bottle of Seafoam and dump it in your tank then go fill up. let the truck sit overnight to dissolve all the shit in your fuel system start up your truck in the morning and let it run for a lil while. see if it runs better.

Fuel system cleaner is great, if you want your seals to fall apart in the next 500 miles.

Also, dont EVER put seafoam in your gas unless its the rare seafoam made specifically to be put in gas. The way you should use seafoam would be to add it to your oil, let the engine idle for 10 min, then drain the oil, and replace it. I really hope you dont put seafoam in your gas.

Edited by SkylarDunn

Getting bass into the cabin of a W124 mercedes is impossible.

Current setup:

Temp 1999 panasonic HU

rockford 300.2 for fronts

rockford 200.2 for rears

rockford 400.1 for sub

Leaning towards a 8" in an exponential horn

DAMN YOU GERMANS AND YOUR 5" SPEAKERS!

Fuel system cleaner is great, if you want your seals to fall apart in the next 500 miles.

Also, dont EVER put seafoam in your gas unless its the rare seafoam made specifically to be put in gas. The way you should use seafoam would be to add it to your oil, let the engine idle for 10 min, then drain the oil, and replace it. I really hope you dont put seafoam in your gas.

yea i hate seafoam and fuel system cleaners they are junk

SKAR_728x90-2.jpg

Thanks for the reply guys

Last tune up was august

and I've scanned it and there's no codes so no check engine light

And id do the fuel cleaner but it only runs for like 5 seconds and shuts off by its self so I don't think it would do much

Also I did check the fuel presure and its on 60 as it starts once its on it stays at 55

Alpine 9884

RF T2 comp set up front

The Epicenter

2x RF T10001bd

2x Sundown sa-15 t-line

Big 3

Smd DD-1

fuel pressure is good look at the mass and tps those should throw a code but not allays and unplug a fuel injector one at a time and see if it makes a deference if it don't make a deference on one you pull its bad or clogged and do the same on plug wires

Edited by teardrop
SKAR_728x90-2.jpg