Ross's "in-between" build. (Now with 4th order. Page 5.)

Just had another thought. Maybe flipping the port to full external instead would help. It's gonna change your design and tuning but then the sub would have more space between itself and the port.

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

Just had another thought. Maybe flipping the port to full external instead would help. It's gonna change your design and tuning but then the sub would have more space between itself and the port.

& the way it is now the airspace around the port isnt really being used... :shrug:

rebuildy time :popcorn:

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg

I've built several of these style bandpasses for trunks, and the designs work well. Never had a problem with unloading yet, some are being considerably overpowered even. Are you sure the sub was unloading? Fireworks suggests tinsel problems, or your coil went thermal. Its pretty obvious when a sub is unloading, make sure it wasn't something else first before you tear apart the box design.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

Jd- I know man. It really surprised me. I thought I would have to wait till after Christmas to send it in. Lol

Ba- yes I could flip it and put it in the sealed section. Would this help the loading though?

Nine- I love company's that take care of their warrantys! It's alright. No way as load as the epic. Since I took it out of the coffee table my roommate is mad. He likes it for black ops.

Ba- I could do this and I could do it realitively easy. I may try it today.

Matt-Idk about rebuild. This box will me going in my gfs trunk when I start getting my sa15s I need to stop spending as much so I can get some money saved.

Cc- I hope your right. It was in that tline for awhile before this box and I think that may have messed it up before I got in here. What should I look for when looking for unloading? Also the strange think is I never smelled a coil?

-Ross

Project Layla

Truck: 99' F-150

Gathering things for my next build.

SoloX18 build:

http://www.stevemead..._1#entry1576460

RE T-line build:

http://www.stevemead...-between-build/

The most obvious thing right off the bat will be an incredible amount of movement as the coil starts to leave the gap. When a sub unloads hard enough to blow it, its means the coil bottomed out (unlikely with the epic) or the cone bottomed out on the spider landing or that the triple joint is landing on the top plate. When a woofer unloads to the point of mechanical failure it'll make some terrible noises before it quits. Its actually quite difficult to get a single woofer 4th order to unload as there is no competition between other drivers based on their alignment. For the most part the woofer will behave like it would in any sealed box, and sealed enclosures are hard to unload without severely overpowering a driver on really low notes. Either way, I don't think it was unloading. Get the new driver in, install it and watch the woofer. If the coil thermalled and sparked, perhaps you were playing a tone above the drivers ported side tuning? Remember, the ported enclosure acts as a lowpass filter and so you have to set the low pass to around 15 hertz above tuning (I prefer 10). This is not something I would normally worry about, but might be the case here since you have such a low tuned 3:1.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

Archived