:shrug:

As the forum says I'm a newb and looking for some pointers, advice, and well anything you can really tell me.

I need some help picking a new setup for my subwoofers, I been searching again for something that can kick me harder then what I have now. Which is 2 daul 2 ohm kicker CVR's with a Alpine v-power 1,000 watt amp and to be honest it barely shakes my mirrors...but I think its the crappy free ported box I have them in.

I need opinions from the stuff I've been looking at, I want a system that can make my heart skip a beat, make my truck feel like its falling apart, makes my house feel like an earthquakes about to hit. Well you get my point here mainly looking for shake then sq, heres what Ive looked at and yes those may not be good enough but I barely have experience so help me out people:

1. 2 12" or 2 15" Alpine Type R powered by an Alpine PDX-M12

2. 2 12" or 2 15" Memphis (no idea what series) no idea of an amp either yet

3. 2 12" 512b or 2 15" 515b Digital Designs no idea of an amp

trying to stay under $300 a piece for subs

thanks to anyone who puts in input and their own opinion on other subs that could out class these for the price but pick one of the three atleast.

2 DC level 4s :shrug:

Well I got skar haha, pretty nice so far.

No matter what you go with you need a real box, so in all honesty I would start there. Your current subs aren't great, but they aren't exactly Pyle either. If I were you I would build a real box planning for bigger/better, see how they do, and go from there.

If you do not get a real box it doesn't matter what you switch to.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

No matter what you go with you need a real box, so in all honesty I would start there. Your current subs aren't great, but they aren't exactly Pyle either. If I were you I would build a real box planning for bigger/better, see how they do, and go from there.

Kinda late...I already built the box and installed it haha. Around 4 cubes at 30 hertz, just need another sax 1200d to be in the 2k class :yahoo:

• 2 months later...

i am thinking about getting 2 skar VVX 12's on 1500 rms what do you think

how does your skar kick

Head Unit -- Alpine CDA-9887

Mids and highs -- 2 Crescendo PWX-8's

4 Crescendo PWX-6's

4 Crescendo FT-1 Super tweeters

Mids and Highs amps -- 2 Alpine V12 MRV-F545

Subs -- TBD

Sub amp -- Crescendo Bass Cleff BC2000.

Sub Box -- Ported box 9 cubic foot tuned to 37hz for 2 15 with 140 inch port area

Processor - Alpine imprint

Kinda late...I already built the box and installed it haha. Around 4 cubes at 30 hertz, just need another sax 1200d to be in the 2k class :yahoo:

Go with the offer with the SAZ 1500 and you will be happy, Skars are known to be musicaly and loud.

Sorry didn´t saw it´s stoneagethread.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

i am thinking about getting 2 skar VVX 12's on 1500 rms what do you think

how does your skar kick

Tbh if I could go back in time, I would buy one 12 or 15 and run it on 600+ rms.

Since I blew the other one and started running the 1 12 in the 35 hertz box on 600 watts it pounds amazing. Definitely a good buy. The 1 12 hit harder then the 2 12's on 1200 watts but thats just my opinion.

no vs no comparisons no this or that what would be better etc.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived