DC Sound Lab

Jeff knows more about the 15s and what they like than I do. I'm a non wall guy so what works for me may not work for you.. the 3 setup in the mustang is loud. Is that the one with crossfire subs etc? Study who's loudest and what works.. then build and test. Imo 3500 and m4 are same amp. You would think since dad and son own dd an aq

you are correct the crossfire 3 18 build i believe, as for the amps thats what i was thinking as well but again im very new at this so i cant spew out shit that i have no idea on the m4 compared to a 3500 since on paper and on specs they look very similar , but the thing is i would do the 3 18's if i have the airspace to do in a quick second, just its a big differnce some one saying 4.5cuft per woofer to someone else say closer to 5.5 to 6 cuft per woofer on an 18....

im honestly willing to go ethier way 15 or 18's idk you think the cone area increase will give me a slight increase in score? i doubt i would hear the difference but again ig i wouldnt know without testing

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

I had my m4s at .7 strapped and could get them smelly if I clipped on music. I started haveing issues when I went to 14v with subs jumping the gap and I ripped triple joints and spiders. Ask rusty I've done things to xls that he's never seen and as a result he improves them. Due the spider pack adjust gains accordingly and buuld a good box. Id go a lil on the small side for that power to control cone area

is that .7 each amp? or .35 then? im assuming you mean .35, but ima try to clip them if i do i only do a very soft clip on burps but thats a differnt story ig,

as for the small side how small we talking on ethier the 15 or the 18 route?

also how much port you think will be a rule of thumb ,

the last box brian built had around 8.72cubic feet net (this is the entire external size)

After port, sub, bracing displacement the box is 6.22cubic

feet (3.11cubed per woofer)

The box has 94.87 square inches of port (15.25 sq inches of port per cubic foot)

but that was for the dual 15 xl's box

Well for the 15's I would get them as close to 3 cu ea as possable, with your power. Im right around 3.135 per myself. Also do the 5 med, 1 dual lead spider and Im sure you will be fine. Try not to clip it at all. There very unforgiving on that above 3k clamped per sub.

how much port you think will be a good rule of thumb for the 3 15?

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s