Second Skin Audio

how is this box design

I have noticed that threaded rods are used for bracing.Is that better than using 2x2's or baffles.I really like your box.Looks like it can handle some power with no flex.

i've never personally used threaded rod, but from what i hear, it's a very good alternative for 2x2's. they don't displace much air and don't interrupt airflow as much.

Ok thank you.I really think of the airflow being interrupted inside of a box.How much dose that affect the performance.

Ok thank you.I really think of the airflow being interrupted inside of a box.How much dose that affect the performance.

i can't really get specific here, as i haven't compared the two. i'd think to your ears it may or may not be noticeable, but to the meter it would probably make a good bit of difference.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

i think you should put 2 45's on the corners opposite to the port (so 45-sub-port-sub-45)

SubBox31.jpg

So i have another idea i would like. How is this specs and design for this setup.

Also could someone help me with the port measurements on the length? Just wondering how i would get the length i need with the port bending this way. I am extremely thankful for support or advice.

thats all i can think of unless someone pops in with a good design back round

edit: changed letter color green was sorta hard to see on my screen

Are you suggesting 45's all the way across as i did the bottom or just maybe 45's as a piece that are about 1" or 2" thick? If i read the post correctly you are suggesting 45's as a piece. I will add the 45's at the top as suggested just not sure how you mean.

I have noticed that threaded rods are used for bracing.Is that better than using 2x2's or baffles.I really like your box.Looks like it can handle some power with no flex.

i've never personally used threaded rod, but from what i hear, it's a very good alternative for 2x2's. they don't displace much air and don't interrupt airflow as much.

Yes i have noticed the round rods as bracing as well. I was just looking at purplehaze's box and it looked great. I also figured i would use less displacement with the rods

i think you should put 2 45's on the corners opposite to the port (so 45-sub-port-sub-45)

SubBox31.jpg

So i have another idea i would like. How is this specs and design for this setup.

Also could someone help me with the port measurements on the length? Just wondering how i would get the length i need with the port bending this way. I am extremely thankful for support or advice.

thats all i can think of unless someone pops in with a good design back round

edit: changed letter color green was sorta hard to see on my screen

Are you suggesting 45's all the way across as i did the bottom or just maybe 45's as a piece that are about 1" or 2" thick? If i read the post correctly you are suggesting 45's as a piece. I will add the 45's at the top as suggested just not sure how you mean.

srry i was a bit unclear on wording basically like you have it on the bottom corners just on the top as well just don't do it on where the port is seems like it kinda cuts off air that could be going through the port

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

the 2 45's across the bottom like you have in your picture should be just fine. i wouldn't put 45's at the top of the box, because you're not going to see any gains from that. just gonna displace more air.

and in response to an earlier post, give the port some breathing room. 1" from the hatch probably isn't a great idea.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

the 2 45's across the bottom like you have in your picture should be just fine. i wouldn't put 45's at the top of the box, because you're not going to see any gains from that. just gonna displace more air.

and in response to an earlier post, give the port some breathing room. 1" from the hatch probably isn't a great idea.

Yeah as i figured, so i will end up trying out the second box idea. It will be port and sub up. So my next question is how would i do this port bend? I am very unclear of the bends in the port and dont want to be doing the wrong measurements. If my port length is 26" on the torres how would i account for that with how i have the way this port is?

your picture didn't have any measurements, so it's difficult for me to tell.

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

i can't really get specific here, as i haven't compared the two. i'd think to your ears it may or may not be noticeable, but to the meter it would probably make a good bit of difference.

Ok thanks,even though I forgot didn't in my last post.Where can I find info on this subject to see if it will make a difference in my box buil.

Yeah as i figured, so i will end up trying out the second box idea. It will be port and sub up. So my next question is how would i do this port bend? I am very unclear of the bends in the port and dont want to be doing the wrong measurements. If my port length is 26" on the torres how would i account for that with how i have the way this port is?

Is there any performance reasons for port and sub up. Or is it just cosmetic purpose?Oh thank you again for getting my pic up.I tried to get my screenshot up but it did the same thing. How important is the 45's thing in the boxes I just haven't really got it yet.